VIII

"tenko! tenko! tenko, is that you!"

"[name]... you're so loud..."

"tenko! where have you been! it's been so long... you-you were gone for so long! i've come here every night to look for you but... are you okay? where did you go? are you hurt? how are you feeling?"

"..."

"...tenko?"

"..."

"hey..."

"...it's not... it's not tenko anymore"

"h-huh?"

"its... shigaraki now... i have a new name... my master gave it to me... tomura shigaraki"

*beep beep*

"-awake! get the doctor! she's awake!"

a familiar voice shouted

tenko?

"shit, [name]... you had me worried for a bit"

her vision cleared. in front of her stood her boss. he had a concerned look on his face.

she was at the hospital, laid down on the bed dressed with a hospital gown and a tube connected to her arm. "aw shit. what happened. where am i, boss?"

"you passed out kid. glad you're awake now, though." the boss spoke, relieved. "you remember? anything?"

her eyes softened as she directed her gaze to her hands resting in her lap.

"no, sir. i do not"

˚⭒. ☾ .⭒˚

"her injuries are minor. we did not sense any brain damage. the only damage caused to her was from the glass shards on the window. the cuts will not take long to heal" the doctor informed the two.

"we good to leave then, doc?"

"i'd like for her to stay a couple hours longer. it is already very late into the night. plus. You are still yet to be treated, sir." the doctor spoke sternly, glaring at the elder male.

"yeah yeah, fine. can't we go home after i'm done?"

"sleeping here until morning would be her best option for faster recovery. you are welcome to stay if you would like, sir." the doctor spoke, clearly tired from the long night.

"yeah, whatever. just bring me a blanket please, doc"

˚⭒. ☾ .⭒˚

she was discharged from the hospital in the morning. her boss had covered the fees and had driven her home. the ride was silent. the boss deciding whether to bring up the incident that had happened last night or not.

instead, he opted to lecture and scold her, on behalf of their fellow coworker. he thought, what would she do. he yelled at her, warning her to be careful. the blonde would be proud, he thought.

she merely laughed at him. her boss' poor attempt to switch the atmosphere. it is the effort that counts, after all. she was excused from work for the day, leading her to enjoy a three day weekend.

he spoke of the break as an end of month break. a celebration of sorts. the first month of working in this new city. this new building. this new environment. though, she knew he was trying to play off his concerned thoughts.

she waved him off as she exited his car, broken windows and all. the two waved goodbye at each other until she reached her door.

as she arrived home and closed the door, she immediately fell to the ground, her hands darting to cover her face. tears fell from between her fingers. she wept on the floor of her home.