Prologue

https://s.surveyplanet.com/izg4hzf2 Survery for who reacts next and questions you want to be asked.

Examining the pocket watch. Well...It wasn't telling time, more just telling when a disaster would come. Though....disaster was maybe misleading, some would just find it as the inevitable state of reality. Closing the watch, and walking to the doors, it would become clear what would be needed.

As he reached the door, the mail slot was filled with two envelopes. "Crashing of Dimensional Realities Impending, Estimated Time: 1 Year. Ensure Impacted reality becomes aware of potential threats that can leak over from the impact."

Very well, examining the two affected realities, there was a mild surprise and amusement. Neither would be really ready to understand what the other was like. But, they couldn't divert realities.

"Well, this could be very interesting. I best present the stage."

Walking away from the door, and entering the Employee's Only Area, he found the film reels. Blowing the dust off them, they would be set into the projector. Humming to themselves, the sole inhabitant of the extra-dimensional micro-reality that they simply called "the station", they would need to open a door into the will-be-impacted reality.

Leaving the Employee Only area, and walking to the door, they confirmed what they would need to blend in to the native reality. Mask, semi-elaborate outfit, so, break out the fancy vest with embroidery that accented the base color.

Then the essentials, Pocket watch, always good to have, maintain the schedule. Keys, good to have, get back to the station from any door. The small slide computer that would be useful in finding individuals that would allow the most effective influence on the reality to prepare them for the eventual impact.

Entering in the will-be-impacted dimension's number, and stepping out, they found that they were on a very simple street in what looked to be a semi-modern United States, most likely North Eastern style city. The door was connected to a nondescript building, creating the appearance of an intentional entrance.

Pulling out the slide computer, they were given the directions to the shore, 3 miles away. Letting out a semi-annoyed sigh, they began to walk, if not with some reason to hurry, they began their way to the shore at a steady pace. The people seemed to notice them, stepping out of his way, or walking the other way as he walked down the street.

Before long, nearly a half hour of walking, the shore was reached, and they glanced down at the slide computer.

It wanted them to go to the oil-rig that sat in the bay. Sighing annoyed by this inconvenience, they glanced down both sides of the boardwalk, hoping to see a boat service or something so that they could reach the rig. This coastal city, Brockton Bay, was rather nice, however, there was no ships in the bay.

Taking the watch out, hitting one of the buttons, everything stopped and they made their way to the rig. The Water provided enough resistance to allow them to walk across the bay to the rig and with a little effort, was able to find a way up onto the rig itself. Hitting the button a second time, they glanced around, before alarms sounded.

It took a minute, people in combat armor with rifles, and sprayers surrounded them, before a woman with a flag bandanna walked in with an automatic rifle aimed at him. Another with blue and white body armor with a halberd in hand approached.

"Who are you?" Arms Master commanded.

"You may want to call more of your compatriots for this, I really care little for repeating myself." they explained.

"We said, identify yourself." the leader of Protectorate ENE ordered.

"I am no threat that you have to worry about. However I would request that you gather the rest of your team, and anyone you feel is necessary on such a short notice." they explained.

"Then you wouldn't mind if we move you into a contained room, for security reasons." Miss Militia asked.

"Not at all. I will cooperate for-" pulling out a pocket watch, their expression changed a bit, shaking their head a little "One hour, but then I must request that you do follow me so I can explain everything, and I do not desire to repeat myself because of one individual not cooperating." they explained.

"And if we do not obey this request of yours?" Arms Master asked.

With a click of a button, to everyone present, it would seem that at the same time, all their magazines, the chambered rounds, the hoses connected to the sprayers, and even Arms Master's Halberd became disarmed, with the man standing in a similar position, but not exactly where they were before.

"I am not an individual who enjoys dealing with reluctant individuals. Cooperation makes my job much easier." they explained.

Everyone looked at Arms Master as the individual showed off the fact, that if they had wanted, they would be dead without a single chance to fight back. Arms Master sent a call for the entire Protectorate ENE team, so that they could see what this individual desired to talk to them about.

With in 10 minutes, Triumph, Assault, Battery, Velocity, Arms Master, Dauntless and Miss Militia stood on the deck of the Oil Rig, standing across from the still yet unnamed individual.

"Well. We are all here. What is it you want to talk to us about?" Arms Master asked.

"It would seem that my superiors are desiring for me to inform you that in roughly 1 year, your reality will be crashing into another. This has been deemed unavoidable by them, so I am to give you information about potential cross-dimensional spillage from this impact. Now. If you would follow me, I can begin give you some information that will be useful when the impact occurs." they explained.

"What? That doesn't make any sense. Who are you working with? How did they find this out? We need more information that that." Arms Master argued.

While Arms Master shouted that, the figure walked to a door, withdrawing a key ring, they slipped the keys into the lock and the door glowed.

"Please, follow. I am on a timetable, and every second out here is one wasted." They said.

The Protectorate looked at them, as they door was opened.

"That door didn't have a keyhole, right?" Assault asked.

"I'm pretty sure no door on the rig's exterior has a lock on the outside." Assault said.

"Tinker tech. If we can get-" Arms Master began, before he was gone, vanished.

"What did you do to him?!" Dauntless shouted.

"I carried him inside. Now, please step inside, he was rather dense, and would have delayed us until we had no time left." they said, panting, leaning against a wall by the door.

Each member would walk through the door, before the figure pulled the pocket watch out and clicked the button, freezing everything in place.

"Can't have the local heroes vanishing for a time with no explanation." they said, before walking back into the station.

"Let's hope that I don't have to grab anyone else from this reality." they said, shutting the door and seeing the Protectorate Team looking around.

"Definitely teleportation tech." Arms Master said.

"Your tracking software will not work beyond the reaches of your reality. I would say the only thing that could reach you here, is one of my co-workers, my superiors, or maybe any higher dimensional entities that decide to look for any of you. Now please, follow, we have much to cover." the mysterious individual explained, as they lead them to a set of double doors.

"If you desire to remove the masks or costumes, you may. I will announce any guests that I have to pull in, however, beyond what is needed, none of you will remember who is brought in. Conditions and terms of my intervention in your reality." They explained.