distance.

t's pov:

"you told me my daughter would be fine with you!"

"i fucked up"

"you damn right you did!"

"aight mo can you relax for a second. my head already spinning."

mo exhales loudly before taking a seat in the chair across from taraji.

"speak."

"i meant to tell her bout my kid, but each time i tried, it was always a distraction, so i just let it slip my mind."

"you werent really considerate of her feelings is all i just got out of the nonsense you just said."

"i always been considerate of her feelings. dont let this one fuck up determine the other times."

"oh, but this one fuck up has determined that being the fact that this is the first time you've ever done it. that takes it back to question if you've ever really considered her feelings to begin with."

"i have."

"why put her and yourself in this predicament then?"

"ion know." i really dont know why i aint say shit in the first place.

"you dont know? you also dont know how much it hurt me to see my child hurting. tasia has never cried that hard over anybody she was dating, so she really had to see you differently. my baby asked herself why you couldn't just be honest, and you t .. you know how bad you hate liars and people keeping secrets from you...."

mo eyes began to water up, but she quickly wiped them before anything dropped.

"just stay away from my daughter, taraji."

"i love her too much. besides, i wanna make it right between us. the last thing i want is tasia carrying the hurt of something i caused."

"you mean the hurt shes carrying while you sit here deciding who's brains you're gonna splatter on the concrete today?"

"nah, im splattering brains tomorrow, though, fasho. right now, im tryna see how ima make it up to her. i tried this morning, and she wasnt tryna hear it. so, i gotta come harder."

"coming from you, i dont blame her."

"what that mean?"

"you're too stuck up in your nonchalant ways to apologize the correct and proper way. i can guarantee you, you bought her flowers, thinking it'll make her take you back, didn't you?"

"yeah, and a pandora necklace with a apology note in it. she ain't even touch the shit. ion know what else ima do."

"well, keep your distance until you figure it out."

it crushed me, but mo was right, though. it aint point in me constantly tryna talk to tasia when i know she aint ready. she just gon give me the cold shoulder and ion like the cold tasia. i aint even know she could be that cold.

if i wanna get a real conversation out of her ima have to come a lil harder than flowers and a necklace or anything materialistic. even if she dont wanna get back together right away at least she'll be in my presence again. that girl complete me in so many ways she ain't gon never understand until i prove it, and i will.

"respect. ima give her all the time she need."

ima still make sure she good from a distance, though. despite her being mad at me, she still deserves to be treated like the princess she is.

MY princess, girl, world, and bestfriend all in one.

"get yo shit together, raji or stay the fuck away!"

she left and i sat back thinking bout some shit.

who knew being so nonchalant in the beginning would backfire on them. i got so attached to her now ion even know how to be that nomore- not towards her anyway.

mary walked in seconds later.

"what was that about?"

"tasia"

"i should sew yo mouth shut. you messed up a great thing over something so simple."

"ion know what else to do other than just give her space. she ain't tryna hold no type of conversation with me and ion wanna force nothing that aint there."

"shit i would've stabbed you in the throat, but hey, that's just me."

"fuck up."

the next day:

                      fantasias pov:

we fell asleep in the middle of the movie lastnight and now we're all up looking like zombies standing in one spot at five in the morning.

"so, um..whats next?"

"work, we have to go..to work."

"are you okay?" holly asked me.

"im fine, why?"

"oh its just that i um- i heard you crying last night. did we say the wrong thing or do something wrong?"

"no, it wasnt you two. im okay, though. yall go and get ready so you won't be late."

"ok, i love you, girl."

"yeah, same." melanie added.

"i love yall as well."

after they left, i cleaned and took a shower. my clothes were cleaned and ironed already, so i just slipped them on once i got put.

i haven't had an appetite lately, so i couldn't eat much. i just either grabbed boba or made a protein shake and let it fill me up.

8:15 A.M.

"yes, girls' trip, but where?!"

"bora bora."

"what the heck is boba boba, melanie no. i was thinking miami." holly said.

"have you two been there?"

"nope."

"neither have i, so i guess we all get to experience it at the same time. miami it is!"

"we may have to quit our jobs, though..."

"girl fuck this job. they dont pay enough anyway!" holly said nonchalantly.

"how long is the trip gonna be?"

"i say two weeks."

"two what? i dont have that much money in my possession now."

"yeah, and neither do i. i can only afford to be there a week or less."

"how do yall know that? you've never been there." i asked.

"ive seen the price of living down there on tiktok, and it's not cheap. why is a corndog five dollars?"

"ok, look, how about you two don't worry about the prices and enjoy our time there. hm?"

"okay, sure, yeah."

"MIAMI HERE WE COME!!!"

"hey! keep it down out here!" the manager yelled out.

brb🫰🏾