proof

t's pov | proof.

at the speed i was going, i knew i would probably get a ticket, but as pissed as i was i didn't give a fuck about that.

my phone kept going on with messages from tasia.

mi am💍r: baby, please don't do anything crazy.
mi am💍r: why did i even say that? once your mind is made, that's that.
mi am💍r: be careful, taraji. i love you

: i love you more, pretty girl

no matter how heated i am, my baby was gon always receive that from me. after sending it, i closed my phone and threw it in the passenger seat.

i was now 5 minutes away from my destination. the closer i was to the crib, the angrier i became. thinking back to when that was me, i had nobody to reassure and comfort me. they never told me it was gon be okay, so i suffered alone and i be a damned if i let my niece or any kid suffer the way i did.

pulling into the driveway, i grabbed my phone and jumped out running inside the crib. it was quiet.

"may i help you, ms.henson?" the housekeeper asked.

"yeah, can you tell me where theodore at?"

"he left about an hour ago."

good time to snoop.

"is it cameras round here?"

"yes ma'am. inside and out."

"can you help me with something?"

"sure, anything."

"take me to the camera room."

"im not sure if mrs-"

"can you just show me. i need confirmation of something."

"fine okay right this way. if they find out i let anyone in here im fired."

"you ain't getting fired."

"how can you be so sure?"

"ill make sure of it. just make this shit quick, please."

she smirked and lead the way.

"got damn. she got more cameras than she do security guards. anyway, show me footage from when the woman and little girl first got here and two months afterward."

"you weren't here."

"and you ain't gon be here when she fire you now show me."

"okay, they arrived....here, march eight teenth, you can see them getting out of the car."

"aight now, skip up to may."

"may......ok i see mrs.henson and monica sitting outside in the first camera and the fifth camera you can see mariah eating and doing what seems to be school work, i guess."

"fast forward."

"pause. who these people?"

"those are theodores friends. they always come here and never speak to anyone except him."

"what else you know bout em?"

"nothing, honestly. they're like ghosts."

"skip it up a lil- wait, pause it."

"what do you see?"

"kitchen camera. zoom in. do these come with volume?"

"yes."

"i wanna hear what the three stooges saying."

"you're hilarious."

"she's off the market."