bh (2.)

omniscient pov |

2:00 P.M.

after they left the rooftop, taraji didn't want anyone driving her and fantasia around anymore due to the fact that one of the drivers were eyeing fantasia.

she made the uber driver wait until they purchased a rental so they could remove their bags from one car to the other.

they're currently at enterprise looking for a car to rent for the rest of their stay.

"i think i want the bentley. what do you think?" taraji asked, cheesing hard as shit.

fantasia folded her arms over her chest, giving taraji a crazy look.

"tasia, come on now. why you still salty bout that?"

"there was no need for us to come here."

"there was no need for him to look at you in a seductive way either."

"he glanced at me one time and turned his focus back to the road."

"ion really care nomore. we can drive ourselves wherever we wanna go."

"if you wanted to save cash, you could've said that." fantasia joked. she knew cash had never been an issue for taraji.

"money aint never been a problem. i just know how i get bout you, and it's our first day here, so i took the positive route for once. can i get an Amen?"

fantasia laughed, shaking her head at the playful girl.

after a few minutes of looking, they ended up settling for the Blue Bentley Bentayga S. the driver transferred their luggage over to the bentley and went on his way.

"hopefully, this car will be in shape by the time we give it back."

"why wouldn't it be?"

"because im bout to do a 80 in a 60."

"you're gonna get a speeding ticket. don't do that." fantasia said, followed by an eye roll. now, taraji is confused because fantasia's sudden attitude caught her off guard.

"i wasn't finna do it foreal geez. is you coo?"

"im fine, taraji." she had her arms folded once again. fantasia got on her phone and just scrolled through random things to avoid converting with taraji. tarajis smile slowly faded as she looked over at fantasia with concerned eyes.

"did i do or say something wrong?"

"just get us to our destination, please." she said in a low tone.

taraji nodded and headed to their destination, not wanting to make things worse. the drive was silent the whole way.

taraji saw that her grandmother's house was 2 hours away once she put the address in the GPS. she had no clue how they were gonna ride in silence for 2 whole hours.

fantasias pov | st.

3:15

taraji drove for an hour and fifteen minutes before we stopped and got food. i could tell she was concerned about why my moods switched all of a sudden, but i would rather not tell her right now. i wanted to wait until her problems were solved before i went bombarding her with mine.

in the moment, i was happy, but i was pissed for different reasons.

i got a burrito, and she ordered the chipotle bowl. after receiving our food, we left the restaurant. she sat the drinks and her food on the hood of the car and went to open my door before running to her side.

"ill drive the rest of the way." i finally spoke.

"i got it pretty."

"okay." i simply said. i didnt wanna eat or talk at all. her feelings are gonna be hurt once i tell her what's going on. sitting here just thinking about it made me kind of emotional. i was excited for the opportunity, but leaving taraji wasn't on my to-do list.