returned.

tarajis pov | their return.

i woke up to the smell of breakfast hitting my nose. i got up and did my hygiene before i made my way downstairs. i smiled at the sight of this fine ass woman in my kitchen.

"hi baby. you weren't supposed to be up yet. i was gonna serve you since you served me well last night."

"you want me to go pretend like im sleep?" i walked up behind her and placed my hands around her waist, kissing her neck.

"mm, no, it's fine." she turned all the way around so our lips could connect.

i pulled away and got started on my smoothie.

"what are your plans for today?"

"mostly work, and i gotta go down to my gym to train some of my boys."

"can i tag along? i could use the workout."

"i hope you ain't sensitive. ion take it easy on nobody when it's time to work."

"i can handle anything. not one sensitive bone in my body.

"aight if you say so. ugh, i wish i could eat, but i gotta go pick up my niece and take her to school."

"eat a piece of bacon, at least."

i grabbed a piece of bacon, my keys, and smoothie, and ran outside. i already know riah finna be mad with me. her and my parents have been blowing me up since six. mama don't even live that far.

i pulled into the driveway and saw both mariah and mama standing there. oh, she pissed.

they started walking to my car. riah got in the passenger seat, and mama came to my side. she signaled for me to roll the window down.

"hey ma-"

"don't you, hey mama me. why weren't you answering our calls?"

"i overslept. that's my fault."

"take that baby on to school. i love you both, bye."

"i love you more, mama." i pulled out the driveway "im sorry, riah."

"its fine. i didn't wanna go to school today anyway. i had to pretend i was upset, so grandma wouldn't suspect anything. im ready for this to be over with."

well damn.

"well, you only got two months left in school until summer break starts. be patient, and it'll come quicker. never stop going, though. also, yo mama gon pick you up from school today."

"oh. could we get ice cream whenever i see you again."

ignored that part about her mama, didnt she...

"yeah, we can and it won't be long before you see me again dramatic girl."

"is auntie tasia coming back?" where did that come from..

"ion know. we made it on time. have a good day, princess."

after that, i went straight to my gym and took my jacket off. i had on a white t with some black basketball shorts and my black and white dunks. nothing too serious. they should be coming in twenty minutes. in the meantime, i made myself useful and cleaned my equipment.

🤍: are you there?

: yeah, where you at?

🤍: home putting on my gym wear.

: you can come through when you get done.

🤍: alright, see you in a few!

i was in my office when i heard my boys coming in.