bh (1.)

omniscient pov | hotel.

10:00 A.M.

"tasia" taraji lightly shook the sleeping girl. she wanted to go down and get breakfast, but she didn't want fantasia to wake up clueless about her absence.

she mushed tarajis face and accidentally poked her in the eye.

"shit!" taraji exclaimed, holding her eye.

"what? what happened? are you okay?" fantasia's eyes shot open as she sat up in the bed.

"yo nail sliced the fuck outta my eye got damn. get them thangs shorter or sum."

"im sorry. how'd i even do that?"

"i was tryna wake you up, and you mushed my face. next thing i know, my eye getting sliced and diced."

fantasia swung her legs off the bed and grabbed tarajis hand, leading them to the bathroom. she instructed for taraji to sit up on the counter.

"here, hold this on your eye." she took a rag and placed some cold water on it.

"im bout to be out this bitch looking like a pirate."

"no you're not stop being dramatic. im sleepy still. why were you waking me?"

"i was finna go grab some breakfast from the lobby, and i ain't wanna just leave cause ain know if you was gon wake up wondering where i went or not."

"we can go down together after i do my hygiene. did you do yours already?"

"yeah."

"stop doing it without me." she whined, gently pushing taraji.

"you be sleeping so good and peacefully ion be tryna wake you and you plus you grumpy in the morning!"

"no one likes to be woken up out of their sleep. im not an early bird like you."

fantasia finished brushing her teeth and tongue before going to stand in between tarajis legs, laying her head on her chest and wrapping her arms around tarajis tiny frame.

"calm down."

"i am calm."

"your heart is beating at an unusual pace. are you nervous about facing your grandmother?"

"yeah, i mean we was close before i ran away, but instead of me running to her, i ran to mike. after he died, i looked for her and couldn't find her nowhere. my hopes of her coming to get me died down after a few months. ion even remember how she look nomore."

"do you feel as if it's her fault that you grew up the way you did?"

"nah, it was my ma and pops fault. they had me, not granny. i love them to death, and i always will, but ill never forgive them for putting drugs before me and mike."

"when you love, you love hard, and i love that about you. after everything they've put you and your brother through, you still have respect and love for them both. it's like nothing ever happened between you guys."

"i grew up with a lot of people telling me that they loved me, but they never really showed me other than granny and mike. anybody else? i ain't believe that shit, but i heard em. my blood ruined that for me before gabby did."

"what happened between you two?"

"she cheated. fucked up my trust, mental, and my love for the folks around me even more than before. ion regret my son, but i do hate that my first child had to come from her. if it wasn't for him, she'll be a dead soul to me."

"wait, she got pregnant after you two broke up?"

"yeah, i fucked that bitch for the hell of it and now im stuck with her. it was stupid, i know go ahead and judge me."

"stop, no, im not judging you or anything you've done in your past life. things happen, i get it. it may not have always been the right thing, but we live, and we learn. no one should be judged because no one is perfect. we've all made questionable decisions, at least once or twice in our lives."

taraji just smiled down at fantasia. she was satisfied with her response.

"i love you pretty."

"i love you so much more."

"i think w-" fantasia was cut off by the sound of someone knocking at the door.

removing herself from tarajis frame, she went and opened the door.

"its time for checkout, ladies."

"okay, thanks."

"damn i ain't even realize it was eleven." taraji said as she laughed.

"we didn't even get to eat.." fantasia whined.

meanwhile, taraji was ordering an uber.

"we can stop and grab something."

t's pov | the rooftop.

12:45 P.M.

"ive never eaten on a rooftop before. this is nice and peaceful."

"yeah, i agree."

i gave her a half smile, trying not to show how nervous i was.

i felt her hand latch onto mine.

"inhale, exhale. you're gonna be fine. don't worry yourself, baby."

"im trying not to. ion even know if this a good idea."

"hey..." she trailed off as she got up and sat next to me. "if you didn't think it was a good idea, you wouldn't have come. you miss her, and im pretty sure she misses you. i know you have questions, and she's the one to answer them. communication and understanding from both parties could help a lot. are you willing to do that, or are you gonna just walk away?"

"...im willing to do it. i got alot to get out, too, so im down."

"that's what im talking about. you got this"

she gave me a high five and placed a kiss on my lips.

the shorter, the better. brb.