[ Trick of The Nerve ]

DEATH I REALLY NEED YOUR HELP RIGHT NOW I AM ABOUT TO SPILL ALL OF MY SECRETS TO THE DARK FUCKING LORD AND HIS CRONIES!

Let me take over, Master.

JUST DO IT FOR FUCKS SAKE.

Harry's head jerked back, causing him to wince in pain as he felt a strange presence begin to flow through his body. It felt like smoke, licking at his skin and pushing his conscience away. He felt his mouth open and answered Tom's question, but it was not words that he chose. Harry watched from a far as the interrogation occurred, now able to properly see what was happening.

"Hadrian Ignotus Peverell." Harry, but actually Death, said.

He could make out Tom, only barely, in the darkness leaning on the post of Harry's bed.

"What is your date of birth?" He continued.

"November 5th 1926." He responded, the voice far away.

"We don't know whether that is true–" An unknown voice said, before Tom shot a glare at him.

"What is the tattoo on your lower back?"

"The Deathly Hallows."

"What is th–" The same unknown voice said again, from his position to the left of Harry.

Even though Harry was not in control of his body, he could still feel the uncomfortable and slightly painful position of being propped up against the backboard of his bed. The ropes were digging into his body, but he did not squirm anymore. He noticed Tom inspecting a wand, Harry's wand. Oh shit.

"Shut up." Tom said in reply, "Only I will speak for now."

The boy on Harry's left muttered something that sounded suspiciously like 'Yes My Lord." before his attention was drawn back to Riddle.

"Are you a supporter of Grindelwald?" Tom's next question.

"No."

"Are you a pureblood?"

"No."

Someone else in the room started muttering, though the other watchers were silent.

"Are you a halfblood?"

"Yes."

"Could be worse." Abraxas Malfoy said, though shrunk back at the pure venom in Tom Riddle's gaze, "Sorry, Tom."

"What happened to your parents?"

"They died."

"How did your parents die?"

"Fire."

"How did you survive the fire?"

"I wasn't in the house." Harry was quite impressed with Death's quick fire responses, and made note of every answer. He had a feeling these types of questions would be coming again, though in the face of Aurors (if Death's warning was to be believed).

"Are you scared of me?"

"No." Ha. Take that Tom!

"Do you trust me?"

But Death did not answer. Typically when Veritaserum was taken, no answer meant the person was unsure. Harry mentally praised Death's ambiguity.

"Why are you not answering?" The unknown boy blurted out, and Death answered.

"I did not know the answer."

"Bull–"

"Quiet, Rosier. If I have to ask you again, you will be punished."