Diwali Bash🎆

Sara was bustling around her apartment, arranging fairy lights and placing diyas strategically around. It was almost the time and the guests would be there soon. 

"Amma ise khud hi ko sab karna tha to humne planner bulaya hi kiu?" Ibrahim said with annoyance.

"Main baas check kar rahi hu Iggy. I don't want anything to be gone wrong today" Sara said fixing some flowers.

"Sara tum tyaar ho jao" Amrita ji instructed. 

"Haan haan just 1 minute" 

"Accha wese Kartik aa raha hain na?" her mother's question stopped her work.

"Oho hooooo my field mate is comingggg" Ibrahim did it to tease her. She rolled her eyes to hide her blushing.

"Pata nahi amma maine bola to hain paar woh shootings main bohot jyada busy hain. Specially Chandu Champion ke liye...bohot mehnat kar raha hain"

Amrita ji smiled and asked, "And you are proud of him, aren't you?"

Sara smiled back, "Bohot jyada"..."Accha main tyaar hoke ati hu"

Sara sat before the mirror, her reflection shimmering in the soft glow of the dressing room lights. Her golden outfit adorned her perfectly. 

"You are looking just like a Princess, Sara," the stylist who was helping her complimented.

Sara smiled gratefully, her eyes meeting her reflection in the mirror. "Thank you,"

But her mind flashed him immediately as he was the one calling her Princess. She recalled their moments together, the shared secrets and stolen glances that spoke volumes without a word. soft blush spread across her cheeks as she wondered how Kartik would react when he saw her tonight.

She quickly took her phone and messaged him,

"How long will you take to come?"~S

":)" ~K

"What?🙄" ~S

"I am so sorry baccha but I can't come"~K

"🙂"~S

"I told you na bohot hectic schedule hain. I tried but...I am sorry" ~K

"It's ok yaar works come first" ~S

"I know you became upset...I am really sorry" ~K

"Shuniye Mr.Aaryan sorry kehne se kuch nahi hoga. Jab milungi tab compensation wasool kar lungi" ~S

"I will miss you"~K

"Miss u too Kartik. Take care" ~S

A pang of disappointment settled in her chest.Tears welled up in her eyes as she struggled to hold back her disappointment.

She composed herself knowing that her friend would have come so she had to go and greet them.

She came outside with a fake but convincing smile and started greeting everyone. 

After a while, she realised that she hadn't seen her mom for a while. She looked around and couldn't find so she excused herself and went to the other side.

Sara's heart skipped a beat as she saw Kartik, Ibrahim and her mom were chit chatting all together and Amrita ji was feeding him a bite of a sweet. She walked to them.

Seeing her, Kartik quickly pointed to Ibrahim, "I swear Sara iska plan tha tumse prank karna. Mujhe dekho tumhe lagta hain main esa karunga"

"Arey mana ki maine plan suggest kiya paar prank karne ka kheyal to tumhare dimaag main hi aya na? Tumne idea manga to maine de diya" Ibrahim said controlling his laughter.