Sukoon💌

Sara had always admired Kartik's dedication to his work. He never backed down from a challenging shoots, always giving his best no matter the circumstances. This time, however, his commitment had taken a toll on his health.

"I have called him 15 times in last 30 minutes Faisal, where the hell is he?" Sara shouted.

"Ap shant ho jaw please. Woh call back karenge. Actually woh rehearsals kar rahe hain" he stammered.

"I know paar uski tabiyaat kharab hain. Kal raat se bukhaar hain. Aur dawai li ki nahi...kya kar raha hain kuch nahi bata raha"

And that's then she heard a sneeze on the other side.

"Phone speaker pe hain? Kartik sun raha hain mujhe?" Sara asked coldly

Faisal diverted the topic quickly and cut the call immediately saying that someone called him. She knew that he was lying and Kartik was behind all these.

They were shooting in the picturesque but unforgiving terrain of Kashmir. The scene required Kartik to swim in ice-cold water, a feat already daunting in normal circumstances.

"Ap humesha mujhe fasa dete ho aur daat bhi mujhe hi padti hain"

"I am sorry Faisal yaar. I can't lie to her. Woh jitni mere kaam ko lekar understanding hain usse kayi jyada mujhse pyaar karti hain. Agar usse pata chala ki main fever leke swim portion shoot karunga to meri khair nahi"

Kartik was shivering with a warm blanket around him. He finished a small take and was about to do another. He felt his eyes burning. He had to do the shoot at any cost. He had assured everyone he could manage, and Kabir Sir reluctantly allowed the shoot to proceed, trusting Kartik's judgment.

The icy water had cut through him like knives, but Kartik had pushed through, focusing on his performance and ignoring the chill that seeped into his bones. When the director finally called cut, Kartik could barely drag himself out of the water. His vision blurred, and he stumbled, but he managed to keep himself upright until he was off-camera.

"Agar mere commitments nahi hote to main yaha ek minute nahi rehti for God sake. Yeh ladka ek din mujhe heart attack deke hi manega"

Sara said frustratedly to Jharna Aunty while getting ready for a brand shoot.

"Aur Paparazzis aur media jo news chapte agle din..." Jharna Aunty sighed.

"Arey vhaar main jaye sab. Kartik mere liye sabse jyaada mayine rakhta hain"

No one dared to tease her as she was totally pissed off and no one wanted to get killed by her either.

"Faisal flight kab ki hain?" Kartik asked with a broken voice half laying on a couch. He had taken medications but the way he let his body suffer was way too much to get heal quickly.

"Flight? Apki tabiyaat bohot kharab hain. Ek din baad jaate hain. Shoot to khatam ho chuka hain aap rest karlo ek din"

"Nahi mujhe aaj hi Mumbai lautna hain" Kartik replied weakly.

"Paar uncle, aunty, didi koi ghar pe nahi hain ap akele jaake karoge kya?"

"Waha dawai hain" Kartik said closing his eyes.

"Apne yaha dawai nahi li? Maine bola tha ki..."

"Faisal I am too weak to argue. Please book the tickets. We are going back today"

Faisal vhaiya nodded and left.

He opened his phones which was flooded with her messages and calls. He called back.