Chapter 3

MADI's POV:
We drive to the haunted house, and I still think about how stupid and careless I was. I have some toned muscles, so maybe nobody will think anything of the incident. I hope. Still, it worries me. Lexa would be pissed if she knew. "I wonder how pissed Ivan is. Do you think your brother would follow us?" Jay asks Adam.

"I doubt it. His pride is too hurt. He's probably gonna go home and destroy shit." He replies, rolling his eyes. "Dude you guys are like. Polar opposites" Lucy tells him. "I mean, it's hard to believe you came from the same parents" "actually, he's adopted. Which is funny, because he's my dad's blue ribbon child." Adam tells us. "He's always been the favorite. Then my sister, Kelly, and then me."

"Wow, I'm sorry" I tell him, putting a hand on his shoulder. "That must be hard" "eh, I stopped caring a long time ago"

We pull in to the haunted house and get in line for tickets. I love haunted houses so much, and I already know it's gonna be fun! We get our tickets and then go in.

After, we all laugh as Adam comes out looking shell shocked. "Never. Again." He says. "Aw come on, grow a pair" Jay jokes. "I can't believe that. It was AWESOME!" I shout. We all decide to get some pumpkin muffins from a snack bar, and then we drive home, to jays house to help him clean up.

"It looks like Ivan and his friends are still here" Jay sighs. "Look man, party's over. Go home!"
"Shut the hell up dumbass," Ivan says, pushing him out of the way. Then he runs full speed at me, and before I can realize, I see him pull out a knife.

"NO'" Adam and Lucy both shout. The knife goes into my abdomen, followed by a feeling of warmth. Something happens though.

Right where the knife mark would be on me, a stab wound opens up on Ivan, both of us looking down in shock. The charm... it protected me. But that means....

"What the fuck...? Ivan mumbles, stumbling backward into the grass. "Youre one of them...I was right all along!"

"We have to leave, right now." Adam says, taking the keys off of the hook inside. "No, what the fuck?! I'm not getting in a vehicle with you Asshole!" I scream, running in the opposite direction with Lucy. I realize that I'm running way faster than I could have possibly imagined. Something inside of me clicked, and I'm now running faster than anything I've ever seen.

A new legacy. Super speed.

YA KNOW WHAT TIME IT IS