Chapter 20

JOHN's POV:

We rush off onto the island, only to see Lucy and nine interrogating five. I move around them, and see five, laying there, bleeding out into the grass, an arrow in his abdomen. "Okay John, you can kill him now, we got all the info we need."

"Wait, five. You said I'd get a new scar. You were talking about yourself??" I ask, shocked. "It was the only way you'd come.." he mumbles. "Please, John. I don't wanna die. I just wanted to get away, to be free." "Nine, we can't let him die. He may have turned on us, but it's not the way we are," I tell him. "Yeah, I mean, maybe he messed up but we still can't let him suffer." Sam adds.

And with that, I heal five. "You have to promise us that you won't pull anymore bullshit." Lucy says to him. Then, a huge wave of water splashes up on to the island. "About that...I wanted to warn you that the mogs are continuing to create augmentations... such as..."

A huge tentacle arises on the land, wrapping itself around nine. "Nine!!" I scream, grabbing on to him. Sam helps me. "NOT TODAY!!" Lucy says.

LUCY's POV:
A rush of adrenaline enters my system, as I see Nine being pulled into the water, John and Sam trying to stop it. The adrenaline rush starts to feel weird, like something I've never experienced, as if a sea of water was smashing up against the inside of my blood vessels. And then, an instinctive jerk of my arm raises up a huge wave.

I bring it crashing down on top of the tentacle, the water turning into a huge stone sheet that crushes it. Can I turn water into solid objects? I realize I must have gotten a legacy somehow. The creature releases Nine, and begins to emerge from the water. I form a huge spike out of the water, and drive it through the head of the water beast. "Woahhhh....." John says. "She got one too!!" Sam screams. "Humans with legacies!!! That means there must be others!"

MADI's POV:
The Anubis flies above us, and soon, lands right next to the temple. Everything is going according to plan. The soldiers start coming in, Setrakus Ra is starting to get off, and just when the majority of mogs are in our bomb trap, I press the detonator. Explosions go off everywhere, killing the majority of soldiers, turning Setrakus Ra's head, as he steps right into our pit, not paying attention. "YES!!" We all scream. "Oh shoot," Adam mumbles. "EVERYONE GET DOWN AND COVER YOUR HEADS!!" Marina doesn't listen to him, realizing what's about to happen. The rest of us do, and then a loud explosion from above us goes off.

Large pieces of rock hit the earth, and luckily, not in the direction of us. They've successfully destroyed the temple with a laser from the Anubis. Setrakus Ra lets out an evil, sinister laugh, and then shouts up instructions in Mogadorian. "He's going to steal the Loralite in the well, we have to get out and stop him," Adam tells us. "Like hell he is," Marina says, throwing herself into the open. We follow, taking out mogs along the way. Six begins to conjure up a storm
With her powers, taking out Mogadorians with lightning strikes.

Sarah, blaster in hand, begins to make her way over to us, looking like she has something to ask. "Sarah, stay covered!!" I scream at her, ducking behind a tree myself. Adam runs after Marina, knowing she won't survive Setrakus Ra. "Behind you!!" I yell at Sarah, amidst the pieces of flying metal and rock. I throw a dagger behind her as she ducks away, turning one of the Mogadorians to ash. Sarah is just about to get back into cover when a large piece of metal flies out of the air, hitting her in all of her vitals. "Sarah!!!" I scream, running after her, six behind me. We drag her into the woods, frantically. "Sarah, it's going to be ok, I'm going to heal you. You're going to be okay," I say, as she panicks.

I begin to attempt healing her, but she's losing blood too fast. "Madi," she says, placing a hand on mine. "Don't waste too much of your energy. Just let me call John," she says, her face starting to go ashy from blood loss. Six is crying now, "Sarah, please, you're going to make it." "Let me talk to John, that's all I ask," she says.  I feel myself start to cry, handing her my phone, while still trying to heal her. This has to work. It just has to. "John," she says, as he answers. "John, I love you so much," she whispers. "The first time we met in Ohio, the first day, when I took that picture of you, I knew you were my true love. Thank you, thank you for showing me what true love really is."

JOHN's POV:
"Sarah, are you okay? I mean you're welcome, I love you a lot too, I just I guess im confused. If they hurt you, I swear-

"Sh. Just listen." She tells me. "John, I know you guys will win this war... make.... Make me... make me proud." Tears fill my eyes, chaos fills my mind, as I realize what must be happening. "Sarah, no! You have to live!" "Madi is trying, but I'm already too far gone, John. Not even you could heal me if you were here. Listen... I.. love you..." she says, weakly. "I love you too Sarah, you're the only girl I have ever loved. You were my true love, and you always will be," I say, sobbing. Then, I hear no more. I hang up the phone, and a wave of anger and pain rushes over me.

MADI's POV:
"This is my fault." I cry. "I wasn't strong enough to protect her," "don't talk like that," six tells me. "This isn't our fault. It's theirs. Don't ever blame yourself," "I'm tired of losing people!!" I cry, standing up. I get angry, and I feel a surge of energy. Then, out of nowhere, I begin to levitate. "Six, what are you doing," I asks "I'm not doing anything," she says, backing away. "You're getting a new legacy!!" I feel my eyes getting hot, along with my fingertips. "Woah... your eyes.." Mark tells me. "They've always been kinda yellow, but now they're GLOWING bright yellow. Then, he sees Sarah. And rushes over to her, heartbroken. I feel the energy flow from my eyes and my finger tips, and soon, light beams come out of the tips of my fingers. Its electricity. I shock tons of mogadorian soldiers to death, working my way up to the pit where Setrakus Ra is.

ADAM's POV:
I take out my sword, running toward the pit where Marina went. She brawls with Ra for a while, and then he throws her out, leaving her unconscious. Anger fills me, as I jump in the hole. "You..." he grits his teeth. "You will never be one of them. Look at you. You're too weak!!" "Besides, you'll never get rid of that deep-rooted evil inside of you. You know I'm right. You'll never be able to get rid of it."

It angers me. "I will never be evil like you," I say through gritted teeth. I swing my sword at him,  cutting up his arm as he screams. I turn my head as six and Madi scream my name. "Foolish imbicile!" Setrakus screams, kicking me to the ground. I forget how weak I really am because of the 3 year coma, and soon, everything goes dark.

SIX's POV:
Madi and I see Marina laying outside of the pit, not awake, but still breathing. "ADAM!" We both scream. He turns his head, but then is knocked out. Then, we see something above them both. It's Ella. Setrakus Ra started to beam up the Loralite, blue energy still flowing out of it. Ella's eyes are glowing bright blue, as her hair and skin return to her normal colors. Then, setrakus Ra begins to forget the battle, trying to get up to his ship with the Loralite. "Grab ella!" I scream, as Madi runs after to get her. She successfully grabs her and takes her back as I power up my storm. I create a large, monster of a tornado as Madi takes the others to the ship. Then, she returns to my side. "We can't let him get away!" She tells me, charging up her newfound electric current. Her eyes glow gold again, as she hits my tornado with her power. Together, we're strong enough to hit setrakus Ra just as he's about to get into the Anubis. "Keep pushing, we almost have him!!" She tells me. But then he turns on his dreynen. A legacy that turns off others legacies. We badly injured him, and I believe he's nearly dead, but he still gets away.

"What a fight," I say, disappointed that we didn't kill him. "We almost had him, maybe we weakened him to the point that it'll be easy to kill him now." She tells me. "You're right," we walk back to the Loric ship, and then we begin flying to the US government safe place we've been told to meet at. Adam and Marina both wake up. "Adam, I am SO sorry for the way I treated you..." she cries. We all mourn Sarah along with Adam and Marina finally clearing the air between them.

I tuck Sarah in, and I put her hands neatly on her abdomen. John... I'm so sorry... I whisper to myself. Deep down, I feel like Madi. I feel like I could have prevented this. What is he gonna say when he sees me? He's going to be so mad...