Chapter 18

MADI's POV:

We land the Mogadorian skimmer a while away from the temple, already anticipating the battle. There are a few Mogadorian ships, maybe 20 soldiers in total, being commanded by a female general. She has a long, black braid down her back with tattoos on her head.

"Get down the barrier!" She screams at them, all flustered. "Do whatever it takes!" "Okay guys," I say. "We're going to go in, six and I. Invisible. And we're going to take out these soldiers. Then, we will deal with her." Six and I go invisible, and run out to the battlefield. Every time a mogadorian tries to climb the stairs, it disintegrates into ash. "Maybe we won't have to kill them after all," six laughs. "But why not have some fun?"

We run opposite sides, and start mowing down the mogs. They try to figure out where the attacks are coming from, but obviously, they don't. Soon, we pick them all off, and then we turn visible again, meeting at the top of the temple with a high-five.

We see the commander lady start running away into the woods. "Not so fast, Phiri Dun-Ra" Adam says, knocking her to the ground with an earthquake. Dust, his chimaera, rushes to his side, turning from a hawk to a husky again.

"You.." she hisses, "you're that worthless traitor,"
"Right you are," re replies, smirking. He gives me a nod, and I use my super speed to  bind her up with a rope. Then, we place her in a cage that the Mogadorians had brought for their creatures.

"Let me out of this thing!" She screams, banging on the metal. "You know, adamus, you'll never ever be one of them, I can show you how to be truly powerful, if you'll allow me,"

"Not a chance. Ive got enough power. And besides, I don't wanna be like you," she just scoffs. "Guys, we have everyone's pendants right?" Six asks. "If we drop them in isn't it supposed to unleash some unknown power?"

"Correct," Marina responds, taking out everyone else's pendants. "Let's get into that temple" all of us walk up the steps to the temple, nearing the border of the force field. That's when Adam, who was right next to me, our hands close to touching, stops. "I can't go through." He says. "Why don't you just try," Six tells him. "Only the vat borns disintegrate right away."

"True, but even Phiri god burned, and if she would have tried to make it through, she probably would have died," he tells her. Marina just rolls her eyes. She's not very fond of Adam.
"I guess you're right. But maybe since you have a legacy," six goes on.

"Maybe she's right," I suggest, taking his hand, and slowly putting it through the force field that the elders of Lorien put on to the temple to protect it from invaders. He warily lets me guide his hand through. The force feild goes staticky around his hand at first, but then I get his forearm through no problem. I look up, smiling at him. "Well, if Lorien can accept you, so can we" six says, smiling at him, genuinely. A genuine smile from Six is hard to come by. She then grits her teeth, turning to Marina.

He steps all the way through, joining us at the entrance of the temple. "Wait!" Marina says. "I remembered something else we need to give back to Lorien," she says, running down the steps. She comes back, levitating Eight's body behind her, still in the bag. Then, we enter the temple together, the door closing off behind us. In the middle of the room, there's a well, radiating blue, flowy, glowing energy from itself. On the walls, there's a map of the entire globe, with blue, glowing etches everywhere. And in the ground, there are veins flowing up to the map.

"The well is filled with Loralite." Six says, in awe of the entire thing. "This is beautiful.." Adam whispers. "Are you guys ready?" Marina asks, as we walk up to the well. I count us down, and then on three, Marina drops all of our necklaces in.

JOHN's POV:
The entire city of New York is swarmed with Mogadorians, chaos, and war, all over the streets. Many civilians in hiding, but many losing their lives. "Come on, let's just hurry, before it's too late," I tell the others, as we enter the apartment building of Senator Sanderson, one of the Mog- Pro world leaders.