princess

As they left the restroom, Emily playfully nudged Daniel. "So, which one did you pick?"

"The beige one," Daniel mumbled, still feeling self-conscious.

Emily's eyes lit up. "Ooo, sexy! Who are you trying to impress?"

Daniel didn't respond, just rolled his eyes. Emily slapped his ass lightly and winked. "You don't need to say anything; I know the answer." She could sense his discomfort and tried to lighten the mood. "Remember when we got caught in that rainstorm and ended up dancing in the street? We were soaked, but it was such a blast."

A small smile crept onto Daniel's face. "Yeah, that was fun. We looked ridiculous."

Emily laughed. "Totally worth it."

As they navigated through the bustling mall, they arrived at Aritzia, and Daniel hesitated at the entrance. "This place is pricey."

"Don't worry about it," Emily said with a grin. "Nothing is too expensive for Princess Dani."

Daniel didn't appreciate the joke or the nickname, but he was too tired to argue. He followed Emily as she moved from rack to rack, occasionally throwing items over her arm. He was more focused on the uncomfortable wedgie his underwear was giving him and how the wire on the bra felt like it was digging into his skin. He wondered if he should have been more careful in his selection.

Eventually, Emily was satisfied with her selection and handed the pile of clothes to Daniel. "Go get a fitting room and put on the top piece first. Come out so I can see, and if it fits well, I'll tell you which pants to pair it with. We'll build a couple of outfits that way."

Daniel nodded and approached an employee to ask for a fitting room. With a big smile the employee responded "Of course honey, right this way!"

Daniel tried on the first top. He came out, and Emily approved. "Try these pants with it," she instructed. This process continued until Emily was happy with two outfits. All the while, the employee showered Daniel with over-the-top compliments.

"You're looking amazing, sweetie!" the employee said. "That top was made for you."

Daniel forced a smile. "Thanks."

Just as Daniel thought he was done, Emily handed him something else. "What's this?" he asked, eyeing the garment.

"It's for my plans tomorrow night. Just try it on," Emily said.

"Plans?" Daniel asked through the door.

"Just trust me," Emily replied.

Reluctantly, Daniel tried on the item, realizing it was a dress. "Emily, I don't know if I want anything to do with your plans," he said through the door.

"Just trust me baby," she repeated.

Sighing, Daniel tried on the dress and came out to show Emily. The employee instantly complimented him. "Ooo girl you are hot! That is your color!"

Emily asked Daniel to spin around, and he complied, feeling mixed emotions. Getting compliments was nice, but he didn't like the situation he was getting them in.

 Getting compliments was nice, but he didn't like the situation he was getting them in

"Okay, I'm happy. We can be done," Emily said, clapping her hands.

Daniel changed back into his clothes, and Emily sorted through the ones he had tried on, picking out her favorites. "This is so much fun," she said. "You're like a real-life doll."

"I'm glad one of us is enjoying it," Daniel moaned.

They purchased the clothes, and Emily made sure to buy the dress. Daniel noticed but tried not to think about it. As they left the store, Daniel asked, "Are we done now?"

"Just one more place," Emily said.

Daniel groaned and followed her. They arrived at the next store, Lululemon. Daniel questioned why they had to go there.

"Do you want something comfortable or not?" Emily asked.

Daniel hesitated. "Fine."

Emily led him to the back of the store and grabbed a pair of Align leggings. "These should fit," she said. "I'll grab a couple of other things for you to try."

Daniel found an employee and asked for a fitting room. She led him there and asked for a name.

About to say Daniel he catches himself and says "Dani," with a smile.

The woman wrote "DANI" on the whiteboard. The 'i' in Dani bothered him.

Daniel tried on the leggings, struggling a little to get his feet through. He eventually managed and was surprised by how nice they felt. They were soft yet felt like almost nothing, snug in just the right way.

Emily knocked on the door. "Everything okay?"

"Uh-yeah," Daniel replied, and Emily threw a couple of items over the door. Daniel tried them all on without saying anything, and Emily approved them all. They left the fitting room and headed toward the cashier.

Emily asked, "Is there anything you want to pick out yourself?"

Daniel laughed. "No. I think I've got enough."

They bought the items, black leggings, a pink bodysuit, a cropped t-shirt, and a skort.

While leaving the store, Daniel asked, "So now we can go home."

"Just one more stop," Emily said.

Daniel groaned and followed Emily. As they walked, Daniel noticed he was carrying all the bags. "What happened to being a princess? Princesses don't carry all the bags."

Emily laughed and took the bags from him. "Please forgive me, your highness."

They arrived at the last store, a small shop selling artisanal wine. Emily entered, and Daniel was relieved it wasn't more clothes. They picked out wine and left the mall. As they headed toward the exit, they talked about their plans for the evening. Emily shared a funny story about a time they both got too drunk on a night out.

Daniel left the mall in a slightly better mood, thinking about getting home, drinking wine, and watching their favorite show together.