Bad News

𝙄'𝙢 𝙝𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙫𝙤𝙞𝙘𝙚𝙨 𝙖𝙡𝙡 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙩𝙞𝙢𝙚 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙮'𝙧𝙚 𝙣𝙤𝙩 𝙢𝙞𝙣𝙚... 𝙄'𝙢 𝙝𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙫𝙤𝙞𝙘𝙚𝙨 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙮'𝙧𝙚 𝙝𝙖𝙪𝙣𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙢𝙮 𝙢𝙞𝙣𝙙..
————————————————————-

"Shanks! Aletta!" I hear from outside our room. I stand up from the chair and open the door to see Lucky Roux outside, out of breath.

"Lucky? Is everything alright?" I ask, concerned.

"We got the newspaper... Luffy's on it!" He pants.

"What?" I say as I stare at the paper, he has in his hand.

"Luffy?" I hear my husband from behind. Lucky Roux hands me the recent newspaper, and I quickly look over it.

"Eh?! Luffy defeated one of the seven warlords, Gecko Moria?" I say shocked. Then the paper was snatched from behind me. I turn around to see Shanks shoving his face in the paper.

"That's great! He's becoming a strong pirate!" Shanks exclaims with a big smile.

"Great?! Shanks, he defeated two warlords already! With that, the whole government will go after him and his crew!" I say angrily as I place my hands on my hips.

"Don't worry, love. He can defend himself along with his crew" He says as he takes one of my hands into his.

"I know..." I sigh.

"Aletta!" I hear from outside. I turn to see Yasopp stand next to Lucky Roux, out of breath.

"What is it, Yasopp?"

"You may not want to see this..." He says, slightly scared. He hands me a newspaper, and I look at it. My eyes grow wide. I fall to my knees.

"Aletta?!" Shanks yells as he runs to me, kneeling.

"W-what..." I stutter as I clutch the paper.

"What is it, honey?"

"A-A... Ace... has been caught by the Marines!" I say shocked. Everyone comes running inside the room. Mambo slithers on my lap, wrapping his body around my waist. I breath rapidly, my vision starting to get blurry.

"Aletta... love, calm down.." I hear a fading voice. Soon, my vision goes dark...

*FLASHBACK*

I stare at the ocean, watching the sunset. A baby cry's from beside, as I turn to see a woman along with her baby. The woman has long, wavy, pink-blonde hair. She wore a pink hibiscus flower in her hair on the left side, freckles on her face. A long, short-sleeved, light blue dress that reached down to her feet, and sandals. Her baby had short raven hair, and freckles.

"The government is gonna come and kill me, Etta.." The woman quietly says as she continues to look out at sea.

"I can protect you and the baby, Rouge" I turn to her. She simply smiles.

"I know you can, but you're just a kid. I don't need you to get taken just because of me." The baby continues to cry. I move my hand over the ocean and summon up a circle of water. I levitate it to the baby, making different kinds of animals, making the baby quiet down.

"I want you to promise me something, Etta.." Rouge continues.

"Anything..."

"Promise me... you'll become a mother to my child. Something I cannot do!" Rouge says as she sheds tears.

"I promise! I'll protect and show love to your son!" Tears began to fall out, I use my arm to wipe them away.

"I'll give him to Garp, as what Roger wanted" Rouge says as she stares lovingly towards her baby. "When you're older you can find and become his mother.."

"Okay... what's his name?" I question.

"Ace... Gol D. Ace.."

"How about... Portgas D. Ace. Something safe" I say as I place the water down, watching Ace yawn and fall asleep.

"That's good..." Then we both turn to see, a marine ship dock on the harbor.

"You should leave, Aletta. If they see you, they'll take you in." Rouge says as she places a hand on my shoulder.

"Thank you... for everything, Rouge! I'll miss you, and take good care of Ace" Tear stream down my face, nonstop.

"I'll watch over you... Goodbye, Etta..." Rouge sends a big smile, as she gave me a little push on my shoulder. I turn around and run towards where Shanks ship is docked, Mambo following close behind.

That was the last time I saw her... before her death...