~THE FIVE LIKE ME~

I feel like every time I try to get a good night's sleep in this awful house, there is something or someone that refuses to give me that small pleasure. "Nik! Can you please shut him up?" I yell from outside my bedroom door.

Last night, Nik had come home with an uninvited guest, who, like most guests that enter our house, didn't actually want to be here. Nik had been torturing him for hours which was getting very old.

The screaming and torture refused to stop, forcing me to go downstairs. "Seriously Nik, he is becoming very annoying."

"I would kill him if I could." My brother responds, nonchalantly, not helping my festering anger.

"You could at least give him a gag, or duct tape his mouth shut, he is quite the loud screamer." I try to come up with a solution.

"How is he supposed to talk if his mouth is covered?" Nik asks.

I roll my eyes, this problem not seeming to go away, so I take the knife from the table. "Fine, then at least let me do this quicker." I shove the knife into his stomach making him scream.

"What do you think you're doing?" Nik begins to get aggressive.

I pull the knife out. "Relax, would you, I'm not going to kill him. Contrary to popular belief, I am quite good at torture. I missed any major arteries so he has a half an hour or so till he runs out of blood, and at that point, I will heal him with my blood and then do it again, over and over, until he talks."

My brother's face was one of shock. "And they call me the evil one?"

"It's not evil, just smarter." I responded. "Now I'm gonna go get something to eat, I'll be right back."

I go downstairs and grab a blood bag, out of Nik's stash, drinking it from the straw, while I walk back upstairs. When I get there Nik is standing with Stefan Salvatore. "Has he been here the whole time, and I just didn't notice?"

"Mr. Salvatore is an unwelcome guest, but a useful one." Nik answers.

"I told you, I don't know anything." Connor tells the two boys, clearly pertaining to the conversation that happened while I was gone.

"Thankfully, we know plenty." Nik tells Connor, walking over to another room. "Shall we?" He gestures to Stefan.

Stefan stares at Connor for another minute before following me and my brother out of the room. "So, what's with the home invasion?"

"Damon said you knew something about this guy." Stefan told Nik. "Now, I should have figured out that you were up to something when you healed Elena from the werewolf poison without asking for anything in return."

Nik smirked. "I was feeling benevolent."

"Since when?" I laugh, earning a look of disapproval from my brother.

"Who is this guy? What's the Five?" Stefan asks.

"So many questions." My brother responds.

"Then it's a good thing I have nothing to do today, except get answers out of you." Stefan matches my brother's snark.

Stefan sits down in one of the chairs and looks to Klaus for the answers he wants. "Fine." Nik gives in. "You might actually be useful in persuading my sister to cooperate."

Nik sits down in the chair opposite Stefan, and I stand behind him. "My siblings and I had followed the Normans as they conquered the South. Feeding, turning people as we went, but with bloodshed came exposure."

"Me and Kol had moved East to draw some attention away from the path our family took, but he was never subtle, and between him and Nik in the South. Word of vampires became similar to that of the witch trials in Salem." I explained.