chapter eleven

— CAMILLA —

I get out of the shower, dressed in Cole's humongous black t-shirt that goes all the way down to my thighs, it could probably be classed as a dress.

My minds drifts off to the night before of what Cole had done to me and my cheeks heat up.

This morning, he told me Xavier was coming to visit and that I shouldn't rush so much, so I didn't.

I remember what I had told my dad last night and my stomach starts aching with worry.

I don't know if what I had done was the right thing, but hopefully it was enough to get father off my back to not report me as missing.

I sigh loudly. Life has been so carefree since I have been living with Cole, but there's definitely some things we need to talk about, like the fact that most of my stuff is at home and how I'm just living with Cole without even knowing him for more than a month.

I need to keep a clear mind... but my life has been so much better right now than it's been for my entire existence, surely I deserve to have some relief for a couple more days.

The heady aroma of Cole is permeating through his clothes making me super hot and bothered and I splash cold water on my cheeks.

I take a deep breath. I can't act so...needy, I have to make Cole prove that he is good enough first and I can get to know him properly before moving too quickly.

But I already know that Cole is already good enough—more than good. Ever since last night when he helped me burn my wedding dress and how he gives so much love to me, it's like I want to be next to him all of the time.

He also told me something of his past that clearly was a lot for him, that really made me feel appreciated because telling me something so important—it tells me that he trusts me.

I think... I like him, a lot.

Perhaps I'm a fool for turning a blind-eye to his killing, but he has a really good reason for it. He already told me how he only murders the worst type of people.

But is he lying?

I quickly shake my head at the thought. Cole wouldn't lie about that. I'm not going to go and accuse the only person that feels desire for me of lying.

But I still have to get to know him better too.

Last night, after burning the dress, I was extremely lethargic that Cole had to carry me up to our motel room which he has somehow managed to keep for a while now.

He is really strong.

I fell asleep to Cole cuddling me from behind and kissing my neck whilst whispering sweet-nothings in my ear.

Then I woke up again and he made me come. No good man would ever think of anybody but himself, he didn't even make me make him come either, he just let me sleep which made me feel so special.

I smile at that. He really is such a sweetheart wrapped up in the body of a scary tattooed serial killer.

I roll up the waistband of his grey sweatpants so it doesn't keep sagging down and after I finish brushing my teeth, I head out into the living room.

I see Cole immediately and also Xavier there too, but instead of Xavier's usual laid-back and smug attitude, he seems rather anxious and extremely fidgety and Cole... well Cole seems a bit worried but still his usual indifferent self.

Of course he does.

"Xavier, it's not your fault, your code did not fail at all, they got in our system because they broke into your house—" Cole begins but Xavier cuts him off with a yell and I flinch and grab my—Cole's shirt tightly.