Kabanata 19

Enjoy reading, Sweeties

Mariana Dorothea

My relationship with Luigi began in the warmth of early summer season, blossoming like the sunflowers around us. Maybe hinindian niya ako noon sa Garden ng mga Monforte sa harapan ng paborito kong bulaklak but sa tingin ko naging saksi ang mga bulaklak na 'yon sa pag-usbong ng kung anong pag-ibig sa pagitan naming dalawa ni Luigi.

It was all so fresh and magical during our first month of dating. We went on weekend excursions to charming locations, holding hands in the soft sunlight, and shared fantasies beneath the stars. Luigi's captivating smile gave me the impression that I was floating. Every day was an exciting journey full of giggles and insightful side looks. We're fighting, but Luigi is the one who's making me feel better about myself by showing me that he's mature enough to handle me... to handle our relationships. Even though this is his first relationship, he can manage me very well. It might have been Luigi who gave me the impression that I was living a life of my own.

Well, abala siya sa trabaho at nakalimutan ang unang buwan namin pero sa buong buwan naman ay walang mintis niya akong napasama sa ideyang nasa tabi ko lang siya at pinaparamdam sa akin ang sarap ng relasyong hindi ko akalain na mararanasan ko rito sa Isabela.

As the weeks progressed into the second month; our love grew deeper, comparable to roots discovering rich soil. Each of our hobbies and interests became becoming more apparent to us. I learned that Luigi enjoyed preparing extravagant "Baryo" meals, and he appreciated my commitment to my leadership role in PICE, which is one of our department's largest organizations, and to my passion learning more in Civil Engineering. We found happiness in compromise and common objectives as we skillfully and patiently worked through our differences.

He surprised me just as he promised. In our second month of relationship, and he took me around the places that Santiago offers.

By the third month, summer's warmth had settled in, mirroring the warmth we felt in each other's presence. We traveled together for the first time, exploring coastal towns and getting lost in the beauty of nature. 'Yon ang unang beses na sumakay ako sa bus upang mapuntahan lang namin ni Luigi ang mga lugar na nais niyang ipakita sa akin.

Lumaki si Luigi rito kaya siguradong alam niya kung saan ang mga lugar na ikakasaya ko.

I watched Luigi, with his easy charm, interact with strangers and realized how lucky I was to have him by my side.

However, there are still difficulties in my interactions with Luigi, and by the fourth month. Our first serious fight was about different perspectives on family traditions. He desired to be with my family more often and he wanted to tell the truth about his parents, but I was feeling overburdened by the demands. We developed open lines of communication after learning that maintaining our relationship required compromise. Naalala ko noong dumalaw sila Mama na hindi ko hinayaan na sabihin ni Luigi ang tungkol kay Tito Luis at Tito Callahan. Hindi pa bukas ang isip ni Mama sa ganoong relasyon tiyak akong hindi niya maiintindihan at ang worst ay hindian niya si Luigi para sa akin.

Ayoko naman no'n.

Ayokong mawala si Luigi sa akin dahil lang kila Mama.

Within four months, we went through the highs and lows of a developing relationship. Every experience, from the first butterflies to a greater comprehension of each other, influenced our path as a couple. I hope that as a couple and as individuals, we both matured and understood that love, like the seasons, needed warmth, tolerance, and a readiness to face challenges together.

The wish seems to be for me, especially since Luigi appears to be mature and capable of understanding me. Ako ang sana ay magtanda sa apat na buwan namin bilang magkasintahan.