sweet like apple pie

▏editor duo

▏also known as vitjok and squareapple

a sea bunny and an apple sit on a river bed, and no that isn't an exaggeration or the beginning of a joke. vitjok and square apple sit by a river, enjoying some downtime.

"how are you alive?" the sea bunny asks.

the apple gets offended. "you don't just ask someone how they're alive."

vitjok supposes the apple is right. "yeah, but you're an apple." that doesn't stop him from still trying to ask the question.

"do i ask how you're alive?" square shoots back.

vitjok stays silent after that question. square indeed did not ask how he was alive, but the circumstances were different. he was an apple. with arms and legs and could talk. it was like something straight out of a fairy tale.

"okay, but," square fixes him with a look that dares vitjok to keep talking. he does. "it's different."

square sighs. "do you really wanna know?"

that gets vitjok's attention. he perks up and turns to look at square. "actually?"

square nods.

"okay. tell me." vitjok has his full attention on square now. none of them knew knew how exactly square came to be because square never shared it. being the first to know would definitely be a bragging right.

"so, it all starts with-"

a flock of chickens runs behind the two of them, clucking so loudly that vitjok can't hear anything that square is saying. the chickens keep coming and keep clucking. they were definitely running from something, but vitjok can't care for that right now.

"that's how i came to be." square finishes up his story just when the chickens stop flooding by them.

vitjok is floored. that had to be a set up or very coincidental timing. there was no way. "can you- can you repeat that?"

"wow, vitjok. didn't even listen to me. okay, so-"

this time a herd of cows run behind them, mooing so loud it's the only think vitjok can hear. he strains to listen to square who keeps talking, unaffected by the sudden cow stampede.

"and that's basically it." square finishes up for a second time. "any questions?"

vitjok is stunned once again. so, this was a set up. "if pigs go by, i'm gonna kill them all."

"what? no, don't do that!" square immediately cries. the apple is pouting. it's all vitjok needs to know that he was correct.

this was too much. "i'm gonna go." vitjok stands up from the grass and jumps into the the water, swimming off as soon as he's in. he needed to be away from this madness.

square waves goodbye to vitjok, earning a middle finger in return, "bye, vit!" the apple smiles in triumph. he had successfully avoided talking about himself. this called for some celebration.

as predicted by vitjok, pigs start running by. they oink loudly until square waves his hands around to tell them to stop. the pigs listen and relax. "good job, you guys." square praises them and rub their heads affectionately. one of the pigs try to bite at him, but he evades it quickly.

the cows and the chickens also get their deserved praise and square ends up getting nipped at the whole time.

.
.
.

sea bunny vit design belongs to @.elleedraws over on twt