11

I feel the cold air hitting my body, I shrink in my place while I watch Cora worsen.

She's dying, right?..

I don't know..

- What are you going to do?..

I don't know..- Derek repeats to Isaac.

- Do you want to think of something? Because while everyone else was trying to prevent more people from dying, you were here, rolling around with the killer..- I take a breath while heading for the stairs.- Do you understand how many people she killed? Erika and Boyd are dead, Cora is dying, Isabelle is depending on her life, and you're doing nothing! Why did you do this to us, Derek? Was it for power? Were you bored? Did you feel lonely?..

- Maybe..- I feel a pressure in my chest and wipe away the tear that rolls down my cheek.- I told Cora I wouldn't abandon her, I'll go help the others when I know how to save her..

- There's no time left!..- I watch Isaac shout at Derek.- The full moon is approaching, the sheriff and Melissa are going to die, so I'll try to help them and prevent Isabelle from dying. You stay here perfecting the art of doing nothing..

- Isaac..- The blonde stops, turns to look at me, and then leaves. I sigh as I see my father who helps me finish descending the stairs..

I hadn't told them what would happen to me, I didn't want the guilt that isn't his to invade Derek more.

Don't take it personally, anger is a tool, he uses it as an excuse to change his loyalty from one alpha to another..

- Shut up..- I murmur looking at my father.- You're talking about my boyfriend..

- And of all the ones I've known, he's my favorite son-in-law, but you know I'm right..- Peter makes me sit down.- As I was saying, changing alphas from you to Scott..

Scott is not an alpha..

But he's going to do it..

- And he has the potential of one.- I admit, taking the bottle my father hands me.

- Are you okay?..- Derek looks at me with concern, and I nod.- You're lying..

Don't worry..- Both look at me, waiting for me to start talking. I take a breath and let it out.- I don't want what I'm going to say to scare you or make you feel like it's your fault because it's not. It's not your fault, Derek..

- Why didn't you tell me that when I was the alpha and you knew it was because all I wanted was revenge?..

- Yours is no excuse..- I roll my eyes.- I'm going to die...- My father's "I don't care" attitude immediately changed, and Derek looked straight at me.- Somehow, but it will happen on the full moon when our powers disappear, and with it my healing ability, the only thing keeping me alive for now. By losing it, I'll basically die..

Is..

- "Calm down, I'll settle for a small funeral.." I smile even though I really wanted to start crying with all my might, evidently I didn't have the strength, that's why I couldn't.

"Shut up.." My father speaks while I watch his eyes glaze over.

"Don't look at me like that, it's enough that you see Cora like that, poor thing.." I take a deep breath as I stand up. "I'll go out for a few moments.."

No one objects, I leave, walk without any specific direction, and sit on a bench at the amusement park.

I gather my legs and hug them as my eyes gradually cloud over with accumulated tears, they are like a glass filled to the brim with water with the last drop that makes it overflow, my tears fall along with these sobs.