five || kitchen diaries

summer break
sunday 5:42 pm

     "Hey uh, y/n, mom told me to come get you. The burgers are almost ready. I think everyone's eating outside tonight. Trying to enjoy the last night before school tomorrow.", Alex says as he looks at me through my open door. I'm laying outfits on my bed, trying to find the right one for my new school. "Also, don't stress about what you're gonna wear. You'll look great.", he speaks up again, this time with a friendly smile.

     "Okay, I'll be right down.", I nod before focusing back onto the clothes on my bed. I am going to stress about what to wear tomorrow. Everything has to be perfect.

     "This burger is really good. I call the last one!", Lee screams. We all watch him get up from his spot on one of the pool lounge chairs and run over to grill. He's right, they're good. We all laugh then return to our conversations.

     "Y/n, will you help me?", Benny came over to my chair causing my conversation with Danny about acting to stop. The little boy needed help putting ketchup on his food. "Mom says I always put to much on. But I don't know where she is.", he shrugs.

     "Of course I'll help you.", I take his plate without a second thought.

     "Hey Benny, we don't like her. If you need help ask me. I'm your favorite.", Isaac, walks up behind me right as I'm handing the food back to Benny.

     "Don't listen to him. He's going crazy. Something about not kissing a girl in forever? Yeah, that's yucky.", I turn around. My words were more pointed towards the dark haired boy standing way too close.

     He glares at me, "I kiss girls all the time.", he challenges while crossing his arms.

     "Yeah, no you don't.", Danny cuts in before I can even say anything. That's enough to get a smirk on my face, aimed at the same boy.

     "You do now?", I say crossing my arms too. He doesn't. I know he doesn't. I earn an annoyed huff before he shoots a frustrated look towards Danny.

      "It's not like guys are lining up to kiss you.", his attention is back on me. I ignore him and turn back to Danny. Instead of leaving after I turn my back to him, he sits down next to me.

     "They don't do they?", why is he still talking? I look up to Danny, his facial expression is the same one I know I have. It's one of confusion. Why does he even care? It's not like I mind.. but why?

     "No Isaac, they don't. I don't want them too.", I face the boy as I speak. Im trying to read his face, what's going on with him?

     Something in his face settles. I don't know what it is. And, it's slight, like he's trying to hide it. Whatever it is.

     "Dude, why are you being weird?", Isaac's head whips to look at the boy in front of us. The same one I was talking to before he came over.

     "I'm not being weird. Just trying to mentally prepare myself for tomorrow. There's tons of guys. Some of them might I don't know, like her or something?", his face flushes red but he puts on a look of disgust to cover it. "I just don't want to hear the guys ask about her all the time. She's like our sister Danny.", he gets up and leaves without saying anything else. The two of us are shocked to say the least.

sunday 7:17 pm

Where's my hairbrush? I can't find it anywhere. My hairs still a little wet, I have to find it before it dries. I check all the bathroom drawers one more time before accepting the fact that it wasn't in there.