nine || make a deal

back to school
tuesday 8:23 am

"Get away from my locker, seriously guys.", I turn to face the two boys with an exhausted look on my face. Everyone already knows about the Erin and Cassie thing, it won't help the rumors if these two are at my locker.

"Ooh, what's that?", Cole asks while Isaac leans his arm on the open door of my locker. He's trying to change the subject.

"A book Alex gave me. But I'm serious, you know what people will say.", I sigh before shoving the book in my locker and getting out everything I need for first hour.

"Since when do you care about what people think of you?", Issac's face knots up as he questions me. And he's right but, I don't really want my whole school to hate me. Especially not over the Walter boys, I've known them forever. They're like family.

"Since I don't want everyone in my school to hate me. You guys aren't really helping with that.", I take the door from under Isaac's arm and shut it. So, he takes the opportunity to lean on my locker instead. Clearly, these two are not getting my hints.

"Yeah, you're definitely not interested in them.", all three of us looked up to see an angry looking Cassie walking away. I groan and roll my eyes. I'm not, they just won't leave me alone.

"See?", the two boys look almost sorry. "I'm so sick of her already.", I say honestly.

"Issac and I will talk to them, make them leave you alone. We're gonna do it today after school, right Issac?", Cole looks at the boy expecting only one answer.

"Yeah, we will.", Issac answers quickly without any annoyance in his voice — which I was fully expecting. I guess he can't really be mad, this was kind of his fault.

Just as I'm about to say something, I get a confused look from Alex who's walking over. "Why are they at your locker?", my bestfriend asks me as if the two boys weren't even there.

"I don't know, you ask them.", I shrug. I really don't know. Before any of them could speak up, the bell rung indicating that school had officially started.

tuesday 9:15 am

"Long time no see.", a voice said from behind me. A voice I don't really want to hear right now, the voice of Issac Garcia. He's the reason a new batch of rumors are going around school.

"What do you want?", I shut my locker and started walking off to my next class, art. He opened his mouth and put his hand over his heart, like he's hurt by my words. He's so dramatic.

"I want to walk you to class.", what did he just say? He wants to walk me to my next class. I didn't know Issac could do such a thing.

Despite the many thoughts in my head, my reply was simple, "Why?", I asked. "Why not? I'm trying to get Cassie off my back, this could help both of us.", he honestly said.

"Except, this is the complete opposite way to get her to leave you alone. And, how does this help me?", I look over to the boy walking next to me. "It will just trust me.", is all he said.

"Okay, thanks for walking me.", I say to Issac, we're right outside the classroom. He nods with an unreadable smile, I keep walking thinking I'm leaving him behind.

"What are you doing?", I snap at the boy who's still by my side, but now we're in my classroom. He isn't in this class. Actually, I have no idea what class he's supposed to be in right now. He probably doesn't even know.