Chapter 15: Love Abuser-Royal & The Serpent

The next morning, I awoke in a tangle of blood red sheets and Lucifer's arms. I had almost forgotten about the ring on my finger until I saw the light glint off it from the flickering fire. Between the tumultuous event's that evening and Lucifer's inexhaustible stamina, there had been no time, and I hadn't even thought to look. I held my hand up. Intricately designed silver wings spread over the sides of the band, and claws held the oval black diamond in place. It was stunning and delicate.

I let my hand fall back to my side and rolled over to face him. His hair was a tousled mess against the pillow, and his face was relaxed and peaceful-not serious or with a smirk like usual. He was beautiful with his golden almost ethereally glowing skin. Those luscious lips that brought me to my knees. I could stare at him forever. Reaching up, I lightly traced the line of his lips and wished they were on mine.

His eyes cracked open, the soft orange glow of them brightened as he saw me. Then his sharp grin spread wide as he stretched and tossed his arm over my stomach. His fingers flexed against me as he pulled me into his chest. "Good morning, my wife." My stomach turned into a cage of fluttering wings as he kissed me.

"That's going to take a while to get used to," I murmured against his chest. Married. Lucifer's wife. The thought was still so unimaginable, and at one point, I honestly believed that I would never get married. After seeing what came of relationships like my parents-marriage looked like a miserable thing only made worse by making it hard to get out of. Divorce was all too common, not like that was what my mother chose as her form of escape. The only thing that made this situation a little easier for me to take in was what he said about the ring. It would come off if I didn't love him, and if that were the case, the marriage would be void. Right?

He chuckled deeply as he said, "Good thing we have all the time in the world then." He sat up and took my hand with a smile that crinkled at the corners of his sleepy eyes as his thumb brushed over the diamond on my finger. "Come on, we've got a busy day today."

"What do you mean? What are we doing?" I asked as sat up and let him pull me down from the bed. He was still naked, we both were, but the way he stood there in all his glory was more than enough to make me weak. A growl rumbled in his chest as he pulled me against him and kissed me.

"We will have time for that later," he grinned.

"Are you reading my thoughts again?" I furrowed my brows.

"Just your emotions, they're harder to block out when they're powerful." He flashed his sharp teeth at me before he led me to the bathroom.

When we finished dressing, we set out through the castle. He held my hand as we walked, pointing out different things along the way that might interest me. One being a library. He said we'd have time to go later, but there was a meeting he had to attend first. I was nervous but also excited to see what he does since I had been couped up since my arrival.

We stopped outside a big worn door, and he brought me close. In a low voice he said, "I want to warn you, I am not as nice to others as I am to you. You will likely see a different side to me when dealing with these people, I don't want to frighten you, but I have to be this way with them."

He kissed me quickly as I nodded, and we walked through the door. A wall of arched stained-glass windows served as the backdrop to a large meeting room with a table that spanned the length of it. Around the table, already seated and waiting, was an assortment of faces. Some clearly demonic with their twisted sharp horns and scarred and grey skin, but others looked more ethereal like Lucifer, though none were as beautiful as he was.

"It is about time, your tardiness is becoming a problem, my lord," said in a snarky tone by a man who sat beside Lucifers seat at the head of the table. He had reddish brown hair, and as he cast his gaze toward us, I noticed his vibrant yellow eyes.