CHAPTER 7

Nagising ako dahil sa tunog ng cellphone, kinapa ko ito sa gilid ng kama ko at nakapikit padin ito sinagot. Hindi ko na binasa kung sino ang tumatawag.

"Hello?" I asked with a drowsy voice.

"Hoy ava!" Emily's voice.

I abruptly woke up and sat on the bed upon hearing Emily's voice.

"Hey Emily, napatawag ka?"I asked her.

"I hate you, Ava, for forgetting my birthday." She said.

Napasapo ako sa noo ko nang maalalang birthday nga pala niya ngayon, Sa daming nangyari saakin ay nakalimutan ko na si Emily.

"I'm sorry emy" I apologized.

"Hmp! kung sincere ka talaga, dapat ay pumunta ka sa party ko mamaya" she said.

I paused for a moment and think because I am aware that Travis won't allow me to attend the party. However, I don't care because I'm Ava and I don't belong to anyone.

"I'll go, just send the address" I said.

"Thankyouu ava my bff, see you later!" She uttered those words and then hung up the phone.

I stood up, went to the bathroom, took a shower, and then applied lotion to my body.

I recall that I don't have clothes as all my outfits are at home. Since Trina abducted me, I have not returned home and I won't return until Trina is there.

I sighed.

I checked the closet and was surprised to see beautiful clothes and dresses. Did Travis buy all of these? How did he do it without me noticing?

"Bilib na talaga ako sa lalaki iyon" I talk to myself.

I took all the dresses from the closet and placed them on the bed. I tried them on one by one while looking at myself in the mirror.

"It's too dark, it seems like I'm dressing for a funeral," I commented as I tried on the black cocktail dress.

I returned the dress and chose another outfit.

"I don't like the colors, it's too bright" I commented while trying on the yellow floral dress.

"Where are you going?" Travis surprised me when he spoke from behind me. I saw him in the mirror, standing at the door with his arms crossed and a confused look on his face.

I simply ignored his question and picked up the red-peach backless dress.

"This is nice, it suits me well" I said to myself.

Nakatayo parin si Travis sa tapat ng pintuan at hindi parin niya inaalis ang kanya mga titig saakin.

"Can you please close the door? I need to change" I asked him with an intimidating gaze.

"What's the problem? You can change while I'm here." Travis said. "I want to see you changing, and those dresses look good on you." He added.

Kumuha ako ng unan at ibinato sakaniya pero nasalo niya ito.

"Bastos!" I told him, then walked towards him and pushed him. He held my arms and pulled me closer to him.

"You smell nice, baby. If you continue like this, I won't be able to control myself." He whispered to my ears.

I gave him a glare.

"Bitawan mo nga ako!" I said, then strongly removed my hands from his.

He just smirked.

"Leave now, Travis, before I get mad." I said with a serious tone.

"Fine" he said with a disapproving tone, then threw a tantrum as he walked out of the room.

Kailan ba magtitino ang lalaki 'yon.

I grabbed the dress and put it on. After changing, I applied light makeup.

While walking down the stairs, I noticed Travis standing there as if he was waiting for me.

"I'll come with you." he said.

"What!? No!" I strongly disagree.

"You don't have a car, and you also don't have money" he said.

"I can handle it on my own, Travis. You don't need to come with me." I said.

"Alright, I'll just go to the party with a gun in hand. It sounds like fun" he concluded.

I know Travis, he's serious about it and he will do it.

He is so annoying. I really want to punch him in the face.

"You're so annoying, Travis" I said with an irritated tone.

I left him, and I felt like he was following me. I rolled my eyes; he's so stubborn.

"Get in the car, I'll drive" he said.

I simply got into the car. I didn't have a choice. This guy is insane; he will definitely go to the party with a gun.

The car was completely silent. I stayed quiet; I really don't like talking to him.

He played a song, and I was surprised when he played "The Man Who Can't Be Moved."

MUSIC PLAYED: THE MAN WHO CAN'T BE MOVED

~Going back to the corner where I first saw you
Gonna camp in my sleeping bag, I'm not gonna move
Got some words on cardboard, got your picture in my hand
Saying, "If you see this girl, can you tell her where I am?"
Some try to hand me money, they don't understand
I'm not broke, I'm just a broken hearted man
I know it makes no sense but what else can I do
How can I move on when I'm still in love with you

'Cause if one day you wake up and find that you're missing me
And your heart starts to wonder where on this Earth I could be
Thinkin' maybe you'll come back here to the place that we'd meet
And you'll see me waiting for you on our corner of the street
So I'm not moving, I'm not moving

Policeman says, "Son, you can't stay here"
I said, "There's someone I'm waiting for if it's a day, a month, a year"
Gotta stand my ground even if it rains or snows
If she changes her mind, this is the first place she will go

"I listen to that song every day because there's a woman who left and she promised that she would come back. But days, months, and years have passed, and she never returned," he said with a sad tone.

Hindi ko alam na may ganito pala kabigat na kalungkutan dinadala si Travis.