CHAPTER 3

Travis brought me to his house. I'm unsure of what he's thinking and why he purchased me. I don't know that man, and I'm afraid of what might happen. What if he harms me? Oh no, I don't want to die.

"Who are you?" I asked him.

"You will only feel fear once you discover who I really am." He said.

"I don't care, just tell me who the hell are you!?" I asked him again.

"Be quiet, woman. You're in my house now, so behave, or you'll face the consequences." He said it in a way that sent shivers down my spine.

"Why did you do that?" I asked him.

"What do you mean?" He asked back.

"Wala." I rolled my eyes and then took a seat on the couch.

I didn't realize that I had fallen asleep on the sofa. When I opened my eyes, I felt like I was lying in bed. Did he move me to the bed? Did Travis did that?? Is he a good guy?

I got up from the bed and walked towards the door when I heard my stomach growl. I think I'm hungry. Oh, I forgot I hadn't eaten the whole day because of that Trina.

I went to the kitchen to look for something to eat, but when I opened the refrigerator, there was no food, only a bottle of beer and water. I felt a sense of despair.

"What are you searching for?" I was startled when Travis suddenly spoke.

"Are you still eating?" I looked at him and asked.

"Tsk, are you hungry?" he said.

"Isn't it obvious?" I said sarcastically.

"Come with me, but first, change your clothes." He said.

I headed to the room and noticed a paper bag. I checked inside and found a peach dress, which is exactly the type of clothes I like. I felt happy that he knows my clothing preferences.

After changing my clothes, I approached Travis. He stared at me in amazement, but I ignored it, thinking it was just my mind playing tricks on me.

"That dress suits you nicely." He said and then walked away.

I smiled when he said that. I followed him to his car and got in. After I settled into his car, he started the engine and drove.

"Saan tayo pupunta?" I asked.

"I'll fill your stomach because it seems like you haven't eaten in years." He said.

"Did you just say that? Do you know who I am? I didn't eat because of that person, Trina, and this is all her fault. That bitch" I said in an irritated tone.

"Okay, I understand. Just calm down, you're scaring me." He said.

"Just drive, Mr. Travis." I said.

I need to escape from him. I don't know him, so I need to come up with a plan to get away. He may not seem dangerous, but I can't take any chances. I can't trust anyone right now. But before that, I need to eat because I don't have money and I am extremely hungry.

After a long drive, he stopped the car at the restaurant. I got out of the car and we entered the restaurant.

He called the waiter.

"Just order whatever you want." He said.

"Whatever I want? Okay." I smirked.

"Uhmm kuya i'd like to order everything on the menu and kapag may sobra pwede pa take out" I looked at travis but he seemed like he doesn't care. The waiter looked at me in disbelief.

"Just give her whatever she wants." Travis said to the waiter, the waiter just nodded then walked away.

"Oh yeah, I forgot. You just spent your 900 million dollars to buy me, but just so you know, Mr. Travis, you don't own me."

"Ava Madden, that's your full name, right? I know you, but you don't know me. So, better behave yourself, or you're going to be in trouble." He said.

I was about to stand up to leave him alone when the waiter arrived. I caught a whiff of the food, and since I was very hungry, I didn't have a choice. I needed to forget about Travis for a moment and focus on eating.

"You're very lucky, Mr. Travis." I said.

I started eating, and the food is so delicious. I think I can finish all of this. I noticed Travis. He's not eating; he's just staring at me while I'm eating.

"You're not going to eat?" I asked him.

"Just eat, and oh, eat slowly, please. You might upset your stomach." He said in a worried tone.

"Why did you care?" I asked him.

"I cared because I owned you, Ava." He said. I just rolled my eyes and continued eating.

"Uhmm, Travis, I think I have to go to the restroom. My stomach feels like I have to, you know, something like that." I excused myself to him.

And when I left the table, I smirked. I didn't really need to go to the restroom; what I needed was to escape from him. This was the perfect time as I had already eaten, and I just needed to escape before he caught me.

I walked quickly and spotted a door that I assumed was the back door of the restaurant. Without hesitation, I made my way towards it, feeling relieved when I saw that I was right. It was indeed the back door of the restaurant. I exited the restaurant swiftly. I'm sorry, Mr. Travis, but you can't have me, not until I decide.

I don't know where to go. I can't go back to our house; Trina is there, and she will only sell me again. I can't let that happen again, I need Emily's help. She is the only one who can help me now. I have to go to her. I was about to go to her when someone grabbed me. I was shocked when I saw Travis. What happened? How did he catch me? No, it can't be.

"Do you think I will let you escape easily? No, you can't. You're mine, Ava. No one can have you not until I kill them." He smirked.

"Arghh ahhh, I hate you. let me go!! Help me, this guy is insane!! he is going to kill me" I shouted. But no one tried to help me; they only stared and then walked away.

"No one will help you, Ava. You have to realize that no one is going to sacrifice their lives for you." He said, then lifted me up. I fought back, punching his back, but he was super strong. My punch didn't hurt him at all.