Chapter 20

Listen to Haal e Dil mera (Sanam Teri Qasam)

Ishq has 7 stages, so according to it:

Maheer- Ibadat (has devotion in her love, understands him, forgives  wants him no matter what).

Murtasim- In between Mohabbat and Akidat(although Ibadat comes in between the two, for a character like Murtasim, he has Junoon in next stage. Trust so Akidat)

Usama- In the last chapter because of Mahjabeen's rejection it was more of his guilt and bruised ego that he went back to Maheer. This is a pattern, his Junoon has started, rules he doesn't cares about them- he had proposed the idea of divorce, when he was the most levelminded character in the entire book. He wants to have her, love turns into craziness, and destroys.

Mahjabeen- (readers tell me)

____

Murtasim Khan had thought, the biggest betrayal would be given to him by the worst enemies, not by a person he had always trusted over anyone. Not by the girl he had known since their childhood, he had thought that Mahjabeen and his brother whom he had always treated like a real one, Usama had grown up in the haveli. They would talk for hours in their teenage years, when Anwar Khan and Shahnawaz Khan both were alive the kinship between the two had remained strong.

But when they had died, they had turned into competitors, although it wasn't obvious, but Murtasim had always wanted Maheer because she had been closer to Usama. Bashar had prohibited him to be around Maheer but Usama had stayed close to her. Whenever Maheer would comeover to play, he would be left alone sulking as Usama entertained Maheer. His Baba would take him to Bakhtu's house where Sameena Phuphu would prepare his favourite butter chicken. It wasn't butter chicken that took him there though, it was also the quirky girl who was now his wife.

Talaq dogey?

Why had the thought even crossed her mind? Unless someone had fed it into her brain, he had come over with a shawl and cup of tea from canteen so she could relax but he saw Usama and Mahjabeen sitting side by side. He came closer, feeling a little uneasy, why did he felt like he was interrupting them. Why did it feel like he was the third wheel?

Embarrassingly he listened and the more he listened, the angrier he got. Mahjabeen was sharing with him their personal problems, it felt like a stab to his heart, and the fact that she was complaining about this to another man was just making him want to go there and confront them.

But it felt as if he couldn't move, the cup in his hands felt heavy, it was just anger, but when she said, she wanted to be friends with Usama despite knowing it was wrong, he felt a sinking pit. Why would she need a friend when she had him?