Chapter 6: The Wait

Disclaimer: everything but Beverly and her family belong to Stephanie Meyer.

$)(:/5);/;)$

Next day.....

It was early in the morning and I was putting my stuff into my suitcase. Jasper agreed that I am to go to my brother's place during the battle. He thought that it would be best for my safety and he wouldn't get distracted.

I got my suitcase and made my way down the stairs. Jasper saw me and took my suitcase from my hand. I heard that Bella was going to sleep over at the Cullen's home. Alice had set up an alibi for Charlie.

The family was going to leave to hunt. They were going to hunt all night. They need the strength in order to fight. They haven't eaten for a while. I just hoped that they beat the army for Bella's sake....and mine in a way.

We made our way to my car. I opened the trunk so that Jasper could put my suitcase inside. Once my suitcase was inside, he closed the trunk and came over to me. He pulled me into his arms. "Be safe darlin," he said to me.

I looked up at him and caressed his cheek. "You too. Don't do anything rash okay," I said to him. He gave me a nod. Jasper leaned down and gave me a kiss on the lips. He was using his powers on me. He was making me feel so much love.

After a while, we reluctantly pulled apart. Jasper opened the door for me. I got inside and got comfortable. It was going to be a long drive to California. Jasper did my seat belt on me. He gave me a peck on the lips before closing the door.

I turned the engine on. I waved at Jasper one last time. He gave me a smile. I pulled the car out and made the long journey to California.

Next day........

I was close to my brother's place. I had to make a stop at Oregon for the night. I still had a long way to go from there. I was in the woods where my brother lived. Soon, I saw the house in the distance. {Finally....}

I parked the car and made my way out of the car. I looked at my watch. {The battle should be starting soon.} I got my suitcase out of the trunk and made my way up the stairs. I set my suitcase down and proceeded to ring the doorbell.

Before I could even touch the doorbell, the door opened and I was knocked to the ground by my two favorite kids. "Aunt Beverly!" they said in unison. I had to laugh out loud. "Wow you guys must really want to see me," I said to them.

They nodded their heads. Soon, I saw one of my brother's friends, Kevin at the door. He managed to to get the kids off of me and helped me onto my feet. "Thanks," I told him. He gave me a nod. He helped me carry my suitcase inside the house.

The kids took my hand and dragged me to my brother's office. They opened the door and we walked inside the room. "Daddy! Aunt Beverly is here," they said in unison. Brent looked up from his book at me. He gave me a smile.

"Welcome back," he said to me. I gave him a smile. "Aunt Beverly," I heard Sandy say my name. I looked down at her. "Will you make us some brownies?" she asked me. "Yeah will you please?" Derek was begging me.

I couldn't help, but smile at them. "Sure. Only if you help though," I said to them. They nodded their heads. "Kids. I want to talk to Aunt Beverly alone. Go play for a while," Brent told his kids. The kids ran out the door.

I looked over at him. "The battle should be starting soon right?" he asked me. I gave him a nod. "You're worried about Jasper huh?" he said to me. "I can't help it," I said to him. "I know how you feel when I met my mate," he said to me. I let out a sigh.

"I'm going to go to the kitchen to make some brownies," I said to him. I needed to keep my mind off the battle. I walked out of the room and made my way to the kitchen. "I'm going to make brownies now," I called out loud.

I heard running. The kids showed up in the kitchen. "We want to help," they said to me in unison. {So cute.} "Sure," I said to them. I had to melt the chocolate while they measured the dry ingredients. They knew how to measure.

After melting the chocolate, I took the bowl of melted chocolate of the stove. I mixed the chocolate with the dry ingredients and put the wet ingredients in the mixing bowl. I could see the kids wanting to lick the spoon and bowl.

I put the batter in the pan and put the pan in the oven. I looked at the kids. "You can lick the rest now," I told them. I saw Sandy taking the spoon while Derek took the bowl. They started to lick them clean. {They are going to need a bath later.}

20 minutes later.....

I took the brownies out and placed it at the windowsill. The kids ran into the kitchen. I looked at them. "Oh no you don't. It's way too hot," I said to them. I saw Kevin walking into the room. "Do I smell brownies," I heard him say.

"Yes but, it's too hot right now," I said to him. He looked down at the kids. "Why don't we play a bit while the brownies cool down," he said to them. He took both of them in his arms and walked out of the kitchen.

I looked at the time. I knew that the battle was starting. I was worried about Jasper and the others. I thought that I had made a good decision to be away so that Jasper didn't have to worry about me. I sat on a kitchen stool and looked through some cookbooks. I tried to occupy myself.

30 minutes later.....

"The brownies cooled down," I called out loud. I heard running from the doorway. "Yay!" I heard the kids. I turned around with two brownies in my hands. The kids were looking at the brownies in my hands.

"Only these for now. I'm going to make something special with the rest," I said to them. I gave them the brownies. Also, I gave them a cup of mil to go with the brownies. "Thank you Aunt Beverly," they said and walked out of the kitchen to enjoy their snack.

I walked to the sink to wash the pans. After washing the pans, I got started with the special surprise....a brownie cake.

3 hours later.....

I was finally done with the brownie cake. I had to make homemade ice cream for the filling of the cake. I put the cake in the freezer to harden the cake. "All done," I said to myself. I got a rag and started to clean the kitchen.

ring....ring....

I took my phone out. I answered my phone. "Hello," I said.

I felt tears forming in my eyes.