The Albar: chapter-5

Chapter-5

For whatever reason, it appeared that Ariana was a prime target for vampires.

Could anyone have worse luck???

He sighed, settling down on a chair next to her while she slept- He really didn’t want to leave her alone on this unfortunate night...

The sky was just tinged by the barest hint of pink when Nahor noticed a shadow pass over the window. He sighed, opening it before returning to his post next to Aria. A thin, tall figure climbed in through the window; pausing just inside of the room.

“Rohm.”  Nahor nodded, refusing to move from Aria’s side.

“That the girl?” Rohm questioned.

“Yes.”

“She does smell rather tempting.” Rohm volunteered after a moment.

Immediately Nahor was between them, ready to attack if it came to it, “You should know better, Rohm”

“Hey, I was just saying...” he held up his hands in surrender.

Nahor relaxed, straightening, “Did they send you?”

He shook his head, “No. But, news does travel, Nahor.”

Nahor raised an eyebrow, questioning.

“You interrupted us twice today... for the same human... questions are bound to arise.” Rohm explained, shrugging.

“I feel very... protective of her.” He admitted.

Rohm nodded, considering; “Why did the angels come?”

Nahor looked at him. Of course Rohm would ask...he was a vampire after-all.

“They wanted to protect her.”

The vampire looked surprised, “Why?”

“What do you mean why? Isn’t that what angels do? Protect people?”

“Yes, but the arch-angels came themselves...that is unusual.”

“And the vampires came at her.... Twice... In the same night.” Nahor added.

“Something is afoot...”Rohm shot him a look, “I would be very careful if I were you, Nahor.”

He nodded, watching; as the only vampire he called his friend, slipped back out of the open window and disappeared from view.