The Albar: chapter-3

Chapter-3

Nahor shut the door and leaned against it, exhaling noisily. While Ariana had been reluctant to leave with the angels Gabriel had sent as her guard, she had agreed without protest. Still, he could not seem to be able to overcome his doubts.

“You’re worried about her.” The declaration, in the faintly patronising motherly tone, came from Rita.

He turned, bestowing one of his wry smiles on her, “Yes,”

“Why don’t you follow them? Make sure she reaches safely?” She suggested.

“It’s not as easy as you make it sound!” Nahor exclaimed, wishing it were as simple as that. “How am I going to explain it to her? Tell her that she is on the Vampires’ hit-list???”

“I don’t see where the problem lies...” Rita shrugged. “I mean, surely you can find some way to follow her without her knowledge?”

He saw the knowing glint in her eyes and knew she was right.

Surely it would not hurt.... if he followed them from a distance??? 

Nahor kept to the shadows, tracking the angels as they guided Aria to wherever their destination was. The human would never have to know that he pursued them...He wondered if the angels knew, if they did, they never gave any indication of their knowledge.

 Perhaps, they were grateful for the extra guard??? After all, it was still some hours before dawn, and they were vulnerable...

He followed them through the dark forest, secretly pleased at the opportunity the shadows presented for him, but wondering why they were taking such a huge risk... Even from this distance, he could sense Ariana’s exhaustion.

He sighed, wishing he could offer some comfort to the girl who had been through so much over the past few hours, but knowing that it was a futile desire...She would be better off with him out of her life.

Feeling frustrated with himself for the conflicting emotions warring inside him for the girl, he decided to turn away. She had four angels escorting her. Why would she need him???

A sudden dimming of the light ahead of him drew him out of his pensive thoughts. Peering ahead, he could make out the dark shapes approaching the hapless party. He found himself racing ahead even before the first angel collapsed. Only one thought echoed in his mind.

Aria !!!

 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------===========================================================================

Check out the shadowy forest route that the angels decided to take! ;-p

Picture on right!