78 - The Shock

Angeline's POV:

Two more weeks had passed. Arun mama had released his music video just a day before. His channel videos which never crossed 50k views till that day, had reached 200k views on the first day of releasing his music video itself. It was because his VJ colleagues, who had many followers, shared the video on all their social media as much as they could. Also, Srisha's elder brother cum Vijay's best friend Kavin who was working as a VJ in another developing TV channel, who had literally 1M followers shared the video in all his social media pages too.

The flood of love and shares from our dear ones propelled Arun mama into the spotlight, but it was not just him who got recognized. Srisha, too, found a little recognition for her heartfelt lyrics. The comments we received had appreciated everything about the video. From music to acting. Our family and I were happy for the recognition they got.

On the other hand, I started lactating. Whenever Mahi cradled my chest, seeking comfort or to draw milk from me, I found our sacred bond getting stronger. I didn't know how it would feel to create a baby with our blood. But nurturing the baby with my blood, holding her in my soul as my baby was the happiest thing I have experienced.

Everything went perfect, filling our days and nights with happiness and peace. Until that day.

As my best friend Renu's wedding was approaching, she and her family were going shopping to buy new dresses and she wanted me, too, to join them. As the only friend who was with me in all my ups and downs, I couldn't deny her. I pumped milk for Mahi from my breasts, stored it in the fridge for the whole day and I left to have a bath.

When I stepped out of the bathroom, wearing my black kurti and white leggings, wiping my wet hair, my mobile buzzed, which was resting on the dressing table.

I stood in front of the dressing table, glancing at the mobile. It was Renu. I answered the call.

Even before I could greet, she said excitedly, "Hey Barbie, where are you? We started our journey from our home. We will be in the shopping mall within half an hour. Come soon."

"I am getting ready, di. I will reach there within an hour," I replied with a smile.

"Okay okay." Her voice changed playful. "Then what is my Arun mama doing?"

She often referred to my Arun mama as her Arun mama and I didn't know why it was getting on my nerves, though I was not obsessed with Arun mama. Maybe, I wanted the endearment 'mama' to be exclusive for me and my Arun mama.

I clenched my teeth. "How many times I told you! He is my Arun mama. Not yours."

She laughed. "I like this burning sensation of your stomach. My Arun mama. My Arun mama. My Arun mama."

"Renu..." I yelled. "If you are saying like this, I will not come there."

"Cool, Barbie. What is my Arun Anna doing? She laughed. "ARUN ANNA..." She stressed her words. "Happy now?"

"Yes." I twisted my lips. "He went to drop our daughter at school."

Even before she could respond, Arun mama barged inside the room with the breakfast plate in his hands, sputtering, "Tiny, didn't you get ready till now? Get ready soon. I have to go to the channel after dropping you at the shopping mall."

"I will call you later, di," I said to Renu, disconnecting the call, and turned to him, rolling my eyes.

His care was getting overflowed. Wouldn't I manage to travel alone, if he had work?

"Mama, if you have work, I can travel alone. Why are you hastening me?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

He shook his head in disagreement, handed the breakfast plate to me, and turned my body in a way I faced the dressing mirror and he was behind me.