chapter twelve

— CAMILLA —

Cole looks at me with a questioning look written on his face, curious to see what my idea is to help us escape.

"I know a driver," I wince thinking of how bad that sounds.

Richard seemed so nice to me when I was running away from my wedding—but I might be overestimating how far he'll go to help us, especially if we're running away from a deranged organisation that could end badly if they catch us.

Cole nods, not seeming surprised by that information which startles me a bit, but I keep going, "Erm, he is quite nice but I don't know if he will be so quick to accept us..." I explain.

Cole ponders it for a moment, "And you trust this man?" I nod my head but slightly wince.

"I think so?" He furrows his brows in confusion at my strange response.

"What do you mean, 'you think so?'" He asks.

I tuck a loose strand of hair behind my ear, "Well, I only met him when I was running away from my wedding and I haven't really talked to him since..." I confess.

"Oh goodness..." Cole rubs his face before clearing his throat and sitting up straight with confidence, "Okay. It's not like we even have that many options anyway—fuck it, just call him."

I grab my phone quickly and click on Richard's contact, my finger hovers over the call button for a few seconds before I click it and it starts ringing.

After a few moments, it answers.

"Hello, this is Richard," He says with his usual cheerful voice that comes strongly over the speaker.

A smile makes its way on my lips despite what's going on right now and I swear Cole's jaw is about to break from how hard he's clenching it, he looks so jealous right now and I can't help but tease him with another smile.

"Hi, Richard, this is Camilla, you remember me? Wedding dress girl...?" I ask quietly.

The phone is silent for a millisecond before Richards voice gets even more cheerful, if that's even possible, "Oh my Goodness! Of course! How can I ever forget you?!"

I laugh and Cole's face grows darker, making my smile drop, I've never seen him this angry before.

"Yes... I need a little favour if that's okay..." I bite my finger nail nervously.

"For sure, anything for my favourite client," He laughs and I can't help but smile again, "What do you need, Milly?" Cole's entire body goes tense at the nickname and I grow more anxious for Richard's life by the second.

"Me and my boyfriend—and also his friend—need a ride." I say, Cole's face goes less creepy and he smirks and seems pleased at how I addressed him.

"Okay, where are you? Should I come collect you guys now." Cole shakes his head and holds up ten fingers, signalling me to tell him to come in ten minutes.

I nod toward him, "Can you come in ten minutes?" Richard agrees without complaint and I rattle off the address of our motel in relief.

Now to explain to poor Richard why we needed a ride.

Once I hang up, Cole pounces on me and pins my hands above my head, his body on top of me and his groin right at mine that I can feel his hard-on.