8

Rrrrrrrrrrrrr!

The loud ringing of the phone forced the person deep in slumber to open her eyes, even though she was still very sleepy. The sun hadn't even risen yet. Today, she had to prepare for the final photo shoot, as yesterday's rain had caused changes in the plan per the magazine owner's orders.

Naphak grabbed the phone from the small table beside her bed and sighed in frustration. The caller was a woman she wasn't ready to talk to, but she couldn't help but notice that her heart didn't ache as much as it usually did when she thought of her best friend and secret crush.

"What is it, Nam...?" The sound of sobbing from the other end made Naphak want to sigh, but she couldn't do that. All she could do was listen and comfort this woman whenever she had problems.

"You left me... Waaaaaaaah..."

"I didn't. I have work."

"You took jobs on your own, so you don't want me to be your manager anymore?"

"I think you should go handle your own stuff."

"Pat, why are you talking to me with such a cruel tone?"

"The team scheduled a morning shoot for me. Let's talk later." This was probably the first time she dared to hang up on her crush. She wasn't annoyed with her; she just wanted to distance herself from the woman she once thought she'd be tied to forever. Since everything she did seemed worthless, she should step back and find happiness for herself.

She placed the phone on the bed, ignoring the incoming calls and numerous chat messages.

The sunrise greeting the new day was what the team wanted, and the model understood the concept well. She arrived early to give the team time to check everything, from her own appearance to the rocky beach where the shoot would take place.

"Is the model ready?"

"Ready! Upped the sexy level as the editor requested!" It wasn't the model's voice but the makeup team's.

Naphak smiled at the team, who praised her beauty. Today's concept was 'Sneaking away from her lover to the sea in the morning.' The team chose a cute light blue bikini for her, showing just enough sexy curves to make magazine buyers eager to turn each page.

Even though it wasn't summer yet, beach photo shoots were common for actors.

The rocks used as props made the model enjoy the shoot even more, as the team allowed her to suggest poses freely. Naphak smiled at the slim female photographer who told her to really imagine sneaking away from her lover to play or hiding among the rocks.

Today, the photographer's job was to snap away as the model created her own poses.

"Great job, Pat!"

The photographer's praise made the model beam happily. She began using the rocks to tease the imaginary person she envisioned standing in front of her, looking annoyed that she'd snuck away to play alone.

The person she imagined was the beautiful doctor with a stoic expression...

As the sunlight grew brighter, the work sped up. The desired early morning light was turning into bright daylight. Soon, the shoot was over, and the team cheered for a job well done despite some weather-related obstacles.

Naphak smiled at the team, thanking them as always when her work was done. She didn't forget to take friendly photos with some team members or sign autographs for fans. She wasn't too arrogant to not give them her autograph.