9

"Thank you for the information, Uncle."

The printer hummed as sheets of paper emerged, bringing a smile to the woman holding her phone. The information she sought was now on these three pages. She chatted a bit more with the person on the other end before hanging up, as it seemed her uncle had work to attend to.

With great satisfaction, she picked up the first sheet. It wasn't difficult at all to find information on someone, especially when her uncle ran a detective agency that catered to clients of all ages and backgrounds.

Despite frequent complaints from the family, her uncle stubbornly continued to manage the agency. It'd been his childhood dream, and once he had the means, he didn't hesitate to fulfill it.

'Dr. Premsinee Chotiphicharn, a specialist in cardiology.'

"A cardiologist, huh?"

'Works at St. King Hospital. Office hours: Monday to Friday, 8:00-17:00. Occasionally available on Saturdays from 8:00-12:00.'

'Dr. Premsinee Chotiphicharn is the second child of the Chotiphicharn family. Her parents are college lecturers, both holding the title of Professor. Her older brother teaches at a university in the northern part of the country, and her youngest sibling is pursuing a master's degree in England.'

'Dr. Premsinee Chotiphicharn has three close friends: Dr. Fahlada, Dr. Melanee, and Dr. Tankhun.'

'Dr. Premsinee Chotiphicharn was almost married to Thawat Kuldirek, but the wedding was abruptly canceled.'

Naphak slowly read every detail about Dr. Premsinee Chotiphicharn, ensuring that not a single word escaped her attention. Seeing the attached photos brought a smile to her face, but it faded when she read about the canceled wedding.

Because the person who caused Dr. Premsinee's wedding to be called off was her.

The doorbell of her condo rang, prompting Naphak to set the papers down and go answer the door. Only one person knew she was here. She probably needed to expedite her search for a new condo.

"Pat, why did you change the door password?"

"It's my room. Why can't I change it?" The displeased expression of her former crush made her sigh. Since buying the condo, Nam had known the entry code, but after returning from a vacation, Naphak changed it for her peace of mind.

"Pat, you've changed. You were never like this."

"I haven't changed. It's you who changed and forced me to change, too."

"Don't you care about me anymore? Don't you want me around?" Nam's pleading tone made Naphak turn away and step back.

"Of course I do."

"Then why are you doing this?"

"I'm not doing anything."

"You took on work yourself and didn't let me be your manager."

"You should sort out your own issues. Has that man accepted your child yet?" Naphak couldn't help but ask about the man central to this issue, as it concerned not just Nam but also Dr. Premsinee.

"He's going back to marry his woman."

"No, he can't!"

"What should I do? He's so cold. He won't even take my calls..."

Nam's trembling voice and tears made Naphak feel weary. Nam had always been like this, but why had she once found it endearing? The vulnerability that made her want to protect Nam now felt tiresome, especially since Nam never tried to solve her own problems, even though they were of her own making.