Twenty

Hit girl opens her eyes and stares at the ceiling, seeing a design and frowns "crows..."

She pushes herself up to her feet but feels for her mask realizing something. She hears a sound and kicks back, sending someone to the ground as the person mumbles out in pain as she hears a voice say "we know what you look like, where you live, we know your kids names."

The voice keeps saying "you are now maskless and no longer hit girl."

She stands back staring into the darkness waiting for an enemy as the voice speaks  "what is your name?"

She turns her head eyeing the shadow of the person in the dark but stops feeling a presence behind her. She turns eyeing another person and hears a voice again behind her "think carefully what is your name?" She turns and goes to punch but there is nothing there when she does. Again she hears a voice behind her laughing but she doesn't turn and keeps her eyes forward as she hears the person "it's simple what is your name?"

"I Hit Girl..." She turns her head and the voice laughs "really?" The lights turn on and she eyes a group of men with masks holding guns on her and turns eyeing the larger group behind her. She searches through the people and another voice yells "you'll never find the person you're looking for."

She turns her head but the lights go out again putting her in the dark. She breathes slowly but again the lights come back and the army of men is gun. She flinches, feeling a gun placed to her head as the person asks her casually "who are you now?"

Hit girl goes to ram elbow back into the person but she steps forward feeling intense pain as the person explains.

"That dust can really hurt. It's bad stuff. It gets into your body and slowly very slowly it leaves..."

"Who the fuck are you?" She asks and the lights turn on as she sees a bunch of men with machine guns standing around and the voice behind her whispers "this is really easy Mindy..."

A piece of paper is placed in front of her and she turns her head as the voice recommends "just sign it or this will drag on for days..."

She hears the lights shut off and then they quickly turn back as she eyes the empty room and looks down at the sheet of paper. Mindy sits there yelling out "I need a fucking pen."

She flinches feeling someone tap her with a pen and she grabs it, signs the paper angrily and sits back asking "now what?"

Before she can speak she is hit hard in the face and falls to the side.

She blinks, hearing a voice "welcome."

**************************************************************************************
Mindy eyes the mayor across from her and he smiles at her asking "so why are you here?"

She looks down at her food smiling "business.."

The mayor looks up from his food and nods to her "ah business."

Before she can speak further her husband sits down next to her asking "okay?"

She takes a breath in and nods to her husband "I need to step out."

"Now?" He turns his head and she nods to him "for a minute."

"Maybe a minute can happen later, Mindy. This is the mayor." Her husband nods to the mayor and Mindy sits back, eyeing her husband than the mayor and lies "I think I am going to puke."

"That's not good." She gets up nodding to her husband and he turns his head annoyed but shrugs at the mayor as the mayor laughs "another kid?"

"Never."