S1>07: Sprout Tower Trials!

𝖮𝗎𝗍 𝗈𝖿 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝖽𝗋𝗒 𝗅𝖺𝗇𝖽,𝗈𝗎𝗋 𝗁𝖾𝗋𝗈𝖾𝗌 𝖻𝖺𝖼𝗄 𝗂𝗇 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗀𝗋𝖾𝖾𝗇𝖾𝗋𝗒. 𝖳𝗁𝖾𝗈 𝖼𝖺𝗇 𝗌𝗉𝗈𝗍 𝖺 𝗉𝗅𝖺𝖼𝖾 𝗍𝗁𝖾𝗒 𝖺𝗅𝗅 𝗁𝖺𝗏𝖾 𝖻𝖾𝖾𝗇 𝗐𝖺𝗂𝗍𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝗍𝗈 𝗋𝖾𝖺𝖼𝗁 𝖿𝗈𝗋 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗉𝖺𝗌𝗍 𝖿𝖾𝗐 𝖽𝖺𝗒𝗌...
_______________

𝐍𝐀𝐑𝐑𝐀𝐓𝐎𝐑'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

"There it is, Violet City!" Theo pointed ahead. They were on top of a giant mountain. They had to hike back down and travel a couple miles, but it was like nothing compared to what they've endured the past few days with this heat wave. He's visibly excited. "We'll get there soon, and then I can win my first gym badge." He beamed, thinking about the scenario in which he defeats the gym leader and wins his badge.

His smile faded when he turned around to face Nessa and Quinton. There was a familiar boy who he hated trailing behind.. "First badge? That's not even an achievement." His voice startled Nessa, and Quinton had a dreadful look on his face. They both turned around, and of course it had to be him. He's Prof. Oak's grandson, Johnny Oak.

Theo crossed his arms, "What do you want Jonathan?" He called him by his real name.

Johnny's expression soured, then turning into a blank stare. "Just going to Violet City for my SECOND badge." He gave a nonchalant shrug. "How fun though, you starting out as a brand new weak trainer. I hope your FIRST gym battle goes how u want it to." He glared at the boy, walking right past Nessa and Quinton without acknowledgment.

Theo was annoyed. He had so much to say that he also couldn't. "You're a bitch." He blurted out. "Thinking you're top trainer just because you're Prof. Oak's grandson and you already have a badge. You got here before me and you're traveling alone, which means you can travel faster than us since we're all a group. So that FIRST badge doesn't mean anything. Like you said, it's not even an achievement."

You could tell by the look on his face he was stunned, surprised Theo said anything back to him. Then a smug expression crept upon his face, "So you're saying your friends are holding you back on your journey?"

Nessa and Quinton's gazes shifted to Theo. His mouth slightly opened, "That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying that y-"

CRASH!!

"Aahhhh!!" They all screamed at the sudden Psyshock and Sludge Bomb that was launched from above, breaking the dirt apart and sending the group tumbling down sides of the mountain in different directions..

Theo grabbed ahold of Pikachu as they rolled off of a cliff. "Don't worry I've got you!" He yelled as they plummeted into a lake at the bottom. They rose back to surface, letting out a deep exhale. The two swam back to the shore, as somebody came scaling their way down the mountain. "My god." He said quietly.

"I saw you made quite the landing." Johnny laughed, obviously making fun of the boy. "How embarrassing." He said hopping off of the mountainside onto the ground.

Theo ignored him, wringing out his vest. "Ugh, my hoodie and pants." He sighed quietly. He turned around and saw Johnny simply standing there. "Can I help you?"

Johnny snapped out of his thoughts, "So that means you can find your friends yourself. Got it." He looked around, they were at the bottom of a ravine. "Where the hell even are we?"

"You don't know what a ravine is?" Theo slightly narrowed his eyes. He shivered from the cold water in his clothes.

"Shut up and focus on drying off your clothes." Johnny snarkily replied, looking for a way to get himself up the ravines steep walls. He spotted a bunch of broken ledges, that may be suited for climbing. "Aha." He lowly said, making his way over and slowly making his way up.