Chapter 2 - A Little Star

The next morning...

As Milk slowly opened her eyes, she was blinded by a bright light in front of her. This made her think that maybe she's still dreaming... until she heard a heavenly voice...

"Hi... there...?"

She then tried to fully open her eyes despite the brightness. She wiped her eyes and blinked hard to make sure she was seeing things right. Then she saw in front of her, a beautiful girl whose face is glowing. Literally!

"Am I... dead? A-are you an angel?" Milk managed to blurt this out despite her shock.

The girl giggled because of this. Hearing her cute laugh made Milk's heart pound uncontrollably.

Then she caressed Milk's right cheek as her glow slowly dissipated and said
"No, silly! Are you really awake now, sweetie?"

Then the girl smiled at Milk. Her bright smile enraptured Milk which caused her to foolishly smile back at the girl.

"Wait, Milk! Get a grip! What are you doing?!" she told herself.

She suddenly stood up upon realizing she was not dreaming, which startled the girl in front of her.

"Ugh, my head!" she wailed when she felt a headache upon her sudden movement.

"Are you okay? Come here, let me help you." said the cute little girl, offering her help.

"W-wait, who are you? And what are we doing here?"

"Ahh.. I'll explain everything once you feel better. Should we go back to your place?"

Milk realized that they were still on the rooftop. She now remembered what she did last night.

"Oh shit! Are you from this building too? Did I disturb you last night? I'm really sorry... I-I'm
usually not like this..."

"Hey it's okay." Assured the beautiful girl.

"Ah yes, let me make it up to you. Let me at least offer you coffee at my place. Let's go?"

The cute girl just smiled at her and followed her home.

[MILK'S CONDO]

"Come in, please take a seat. I'll prepare your coffee."

The girl obeyed and sat on the couch. While sitting, she started to observe the place then slowly laid her eyes on Milk, who's nervously preparing coffee. This put a smile on the girl's face.

"Ha, cute." She said to herself.

Milk on the other hand is really embarrassed that she made a blunder as a new tenant in the building. She doesn't want to cause any trouble there.

"Stupid Milk! What were you thinking, drinking that much when you know you can't handle it?" whispering to herself.

She looked at her guest and was surprised that the pretty girl was already looking at her, smiling. She could feel her face suddenly burning. She looked away and continued to make coffee.

After a few minutes. Milk went to the girl and served her the coffee.

"Here you go. Sorry, this is all I could offer for now."

"Oh it's fine, you don't need to worry about me actually."

Then there were a few seconds of silence...

"About –"
"Well—"

They talked simultaneously.

"Sorry, you go first." Milk said.

"No, you go first." The cute girl insisted.

"Uhm... Okay. Ahh, I'm Milk by the way. I just moved here and I wanted to apologize if I did anything to disturb you. I promise it won't happen again." Said the apologetic girl while looking down.