Chapter 8 - As the Sun Sets

Milk took the day off and spent all day looking after Love. Love seemed back to normal, but she still wanted to care for her. Milk kept checking Love's temperature to make sure it was normal, but every touch on Love's forehead made the petite girl burn up and blush.

"M-milk... You've been checking my temperature for like every 30 minutes... you don't need to worry about me anymore." Love said as she giggled.

"W-well... I just wanted to make sure. You don't know how I felt when I can't do anything to help someone... I care about..." Milk shyly said.

Love wanted to hide the redness of her face, so she went forward and hugged Milk while burying her face on her chest.

"I'm sorry for making you worry like that..."

"So be sure to take care of yourself because as much as I want to, I can't be always around you." Milk said as she stroked Love's hair.

Then Love looked up to meet Milk's eyes. Milk saw Love's round hazel eyes twinkling again. And she can't help but stare at those doe eyes as if it's inviting her. And before she knew it, her head started to tilt down on its own towards Love's, and as her face got closer... she suddenly hesitated and quickly placed her hand on Love's forehead... again.

"Uhmmm... I n-noticed your f-face is red, I just thought you might have a f-fever... but I guess you're really okay now. Hehehe." she said as an excuse.

Then she stood up and asked to be excused to go to the restroom.

Love was left dumbfounded while her heart was still racing from what just happened.

***

Milk hurriedly ran to the bathroom after that unexpected incident.

"What in the world are you doing, Milk? Why did you do that?"

Her heart was beating so loud that she needed to hold her chest to calm it down. Then Love's innocent eyes appeared in her mind again. And the urge to be closer to Love became strong since last night. And her mind and heart don't seem to go against it. It's as if her whole being is really fighting for her to be near Love.

[DINNER]

Love wanted to thank Milk for taking care of her and decided to cook for her. She remembered Phen's favorite food and tried to cook it for Milk, wondering if Milk would also like it.

"Dinner's ready, are you not done yet Milk?" Love called for Milk who spent a looong time in the bathroom.

Well, apart from questioning herself about what she did earlier, she also took a shower to help her cool down. Then upon opening the door, she saw Love cooked dinner for them, which excited her since this is the first time that Love cooked for her.

"Woooww!! You cooked?? For me??" she asked with enthusiasm.

"Uhm, I wanted to thank you for taking good care of me ever since I got here. So, I hope you'll like it."

Milk got even more excited when she saw that Love cooked Pad Kra Pao (Thai Basil Beef), which is her ultimate favorite food.

"Wait, did I tell you that this is my favorite? I don't remember saying it... but how did you know?" As she sniffed the delicious smell of the food.

"Well, just a lucky guess? Go on and eat!"

But inside Love's mind... "I'm glad they still have the same taste."

Love felt so happy while watching Milk eat. And Milk kept complimenting how good it tastes, so good that she even finished Love's share since the petite girl said she's already full. Seeing how happy Milk is just because of food, makes the little star soft. Her heart is already satisfied with this... for now.