Introduction

(DISCLAIMER: This story is for entertainment purposes and all its contents are fictional. Any resemblance to real life events, figures or characters is purely coincidental.)

Milk Pansa is a very kind and optimistic person despite having a difficult life. She never resented anyone or regretted anything because she thinks there is always a reason why things happen the way they do. She always tries to see the brighter side of things even when her life is mostly full of darkness.

For starters, she grew up in an orphanage. And with no luck finding a foster or adoptive parents, she just accepted her fate and left to live on her own at the age of 16 years old. She started working to provide for herself. She worked tirelessly just so she could live, just enough to get by the daily struggles of life. She's been working so hard that she has forgotten to really live. She's often alone and doesn't have any friends, except for one. Her one and only friend is View, who's been her friend in the orphanage. View was lucky enough to be adopted by a well-off family, but she promised Milk to still be friends with her no matter what happens. And she kept that promise, she continued her communication with Milk even after she left the orphanage. This made Milk's life a little brighter, knowing she still has someone she can really call a true friend.

But life always likes to challenge her.

The owner of the apartment she's been living in had financial troubles and had their property repossessed by the bank. This gave her no choice but to move out right away. She then stayed at a motel temporarily while trying to look for a new place. While she was trying to settle in her room, she received an email saying that her company is trying to cut off workers and unfortunately, she's one of the employees that was let go. All these happened in just a day. What an unlucky day for her indeed. And to make matters worse...

*DING*

1 NEW MESSAGE RECEIVED

B: Milk, there's something I need to tell you...

Milk: What is it? Is there any problem?

B: I don't think I can keep seeing you. I realized that I'm not ready for a relationship yet. I'm really sorry, I don't want to hurt you any further...

"What the actual fuck?!" She thought to herself.

Milk was feeling numb, and everything went blurry at the moment.

She always thinks that the deities assumed she's one of their strongest creations, and that she will be able to endure all the hardships they throw at her.

"Can you guys chill? At least throw it one at a time and not all at the same time! You're aware that I'm not a superhuman, right?" She shouted while looking up the sky.

She doesn't know what to do next, but there's nothing she can do for now anyway. She's already drained, with no energy left to even move. She passed out on the bed as if her life is not a total mess right now.

*****