Chapter 10 - Never Be The Same

Milk went home and found Love’s note. She went to View’s unit to check if they are already back.

*DOORBELL RINGS*

“Oh, Hi Milk! What brings you here?” asked Ciize.

“Hi! I was just wondering if View and Love are back already? I think they went out today.”

“Ah, View texted me to tell that she might come home late. She’s with Love? I didn’t know that. Come in! You can wait for them here.”

Ciize directed Milk to sit on the couch.

“Did you have your dinner yet?” asked Ciize. 

“Uhm, not yet. How about you?”

“Well, I just finished cooking dinner, and since View will be late, I’m sure they’ll have their dinner outside. Do you want to join me instead?”

“Ah, sure! Hehehe.” 

The two went on to have dinner together, then went to the balcony to drink wine while they waited for View and Love. 

“How’s it going with your problem last time? Were you able help that someone out?” asked Ciize out of the blue. 

“Uhm… I still have no clue why she was sad, but she seems better lately. And I always make sure that she knows I’m here for her whenever she needs me. And just like you said, I’ll wait for her to open up to me more.” answered Milk. 

“That’s good to hear then. You know, you always worry about others… but I keep worrying about you.” as she held Milk’s hand. 

“Me? Oh, you don’t need to…” 

“But I can’t help it. Even when I was away, there’s not a day that I don’t ask View how you’re doing. But unfortunately, you became so busy that you hardly talked to anyone, even View… or me. But we understood that you needed to focus on your life… I even swallowed my pride and tried to message the guy you were dating briefly, but he said you also barely see each other that he doesn’t know what’s going on with you… which frustrated me because he doesn’t seem to care. Why did you date such a useless guy??” 

“Oh, you talked to him? Sorry, I was really bad at dating since I didn’t know anything back then. Hehehe. I now understand why he didn’t pursue me. Dating was never a priority for me. I just felt pressured and didn’t want to hurt him by turning him down, since he’s the only one crazy enough to ask me out. I feel sorry for him though. But I found out that he just asked me out because of a dare, and he was never serious. So, I’m thankful that he’s now out of my life.” explained Milk.

“Good thing that you were saved from that asshole! Ugh!! But when I heard from View that you’ll be working in our company, I was so happy that I immediately asked my parents to let me handle the fitness center. And that’s why I also decided to come home earlier than planned…” 

“Wait, wait, you came home… because of… me?? Why did you do that?” 

“Because… I’m tired of always wondering how you are doing… Now that I have a chance, I want to be here for you when you need someone. Because I care so much about you. Like I said, I’ve… loved you… for a long time now. Because like you, it bothers me too, when I know you’re sad and I can’t do anything about it.” 

“Ciize… I’m… I-I don’t know what I did to deserve this kind of care from you… I didn’t want anyone to worry just because of me. Especially you…” as Milk looked down.