V-Anomaly Awakened

My PoV

Opening my eyes, I sat up with a groan that seemed to echo in the deafening silence surrounding me. A dull ache pulsed through my body, each throb a reminder of something I couldn't quite remember. "Where am I?" I whispered, my voice hoarse and unfamiliar to my own ears.

Slowly, I pushed myself to my feet, my muscles protesting with every movement. As I stood, swaying slightly, my gaze was drawn to a majestic sight in the distance. A castle, its spires reaching towards the heavens, stood silhouetted against the pale sky. It seemed both inviting and ominous, a beacon of civilization in this strange, empty landscape.

A sudden wave of dizziness washed over me, and I chuckled darkly at the absurdity of my situation

A sudden wave of dizziness washed over me, and I chuckled darkly at the absurdity of my situation. "I'm going to be Doc, when he's got a flamethrower," I muttered, referencing an old movie I once loved. "I'm high as fuck, boi!" The words tumbled out, a desperate attempt to inject some humor into the surreal scene before me. But my laughter felt hollow, echoing across the barren land and serving only to underscore my loneliness.

Shaking my head to clear the fog, I took a tentative step forward. The sound of metal scraping against stone caused me to freeze. Looking down, my heart skipped a beat as I saw my faithful M1911 pistol lying at my feet. I knelt, fingers trembling as I picked up the weapon. Its familiar weight in my hand brought a rush of memories – some comforting, others terrifying.

As I stood once more, pistol in hand, I gazed at the distant castle. Questions raced through my mind: How did I get here? What awaited me in that looming structure? Despite the fear gnawing at my insides, I felt a spark of determination ignite within me. Whatever challenges lay ahead, I would face them. With a deep breath, I started walking towards the castle, each step carrying me closer to answers – or perhaps to even greater mysteries.​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

"Wait... Ruby!" I frantically looked around, my heart pounding as memories of my girlfriend flooded back. Ruby had been by my side through thick and thin, but now she was nowhere to be seen. "The explosion! That's the last thing I remember, before here..." I muttered, trying to piece together the fragments of my shattered recollection.

As I stood there, confusion swirling in my mind, a thought struck me. "Is this Heaven?" I wondered aloud, then snorted. "Kinda thought I'd go to Hell. Maybe this is Hell's waiting room. Bet they've got some killer magazines."

Shaking my head at my own absurd humor, I took a deep breath and surveyed my surroundings more closely. The castle in the distance seemed to be my best bet for finding answers, or at least some sign of life. Between me and the looming structure lay a dense forest, its trees standing like silent sentinels.

"Well, Ruby," I said to the empty air, pretending my girlfriend was still by my side, "looks like we're going on a little adventure. Let's hope there aren't any big bad wolves in these woods. Though I guess I've got my own little pig-sticker here." I patted the M1911 tucked into my waistband, chuckling at my own lame joke.