Chapter 5 (is it really over?)

Summary - Autumn takes to Reece. It's been a week and there's no sign of Marjorie in the town all together! Where did she go, is she okay, is she alive?

𝐀𝐮𝐭𝐮𝐦𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕:

I drove as quickly as I could to Reece's, I can't believe this. I thought Marjorie was all over Reece but she just left. "REECE" I shout as I enter the house, he's on the sofa in the living room crying his heart out. My heart broke here and then. "She's gone, she's left me" Reece says barely able to get his words out. I didn't know what to do I sat next to him and he threw his arms around me, normally I wouldn't accept a hug but this time it's different. "It's okay I'm sure she will be back" I try to reassure him as best as I can.

- ℴ𝓃ℯ 𝓌ℯℯ𝓀 𝓁𝒶𝓉ℯ𝓇 -

This week in the nursery has been hectic, Marjorie hasn't came in all week. I know she broke up with Reece but she just abandoned her work too. Reece is coming over for lunch, he's not been the same since Marjorie has left. He's falling apart and everyone knows it, I'm worried he's not eating so having him here I can make sure he try's a little something. Luckily lunch is in 5 minutes. In the 5 minutes I caught up on paperwork, cause Marjorie is gone I've been doing two jobs but it wasn't all bad. "Hey aut" Reece says walking through the door with big black bags under his eyes. I can tell he's not been sleeping for days, he sits at Marjorie's desk. He's tearing up with her scent still there, I got to comfort him but then I get a call. "Two minutes Reece" I say

RC(random caller) : Hi is this Autumn Knight?
A: yes this is she.
RC: I was calling to ask does a Marjorie work there?
A: yes she's not in if u are wanting to speak to her. I can help though.
Reece looks at me confused
RC: no I don't need to talk to her this call is about her.
A: what is it then!
RC: I was calling to let u know she's in ****** hospital, it looks like she was assaulted by a group of men. It's quite bad I would call family but she doesn't speak to them.
A: WHAT MARJORIE IS IN HOSPITAL????
RC: yes if u would like to see her she's in ward -31
A: IM ON MY WAY NOW.
*call ends*

"What happened to Marjorie, is she okay?" Reece asks so quickly and her concerned. "WE NEED TO LEAVE NOW SHES IN HOSPITAL IM TAKING U LETS GO!" I shout picking up my car keys. We both run out the nursery get into the car and head to the hospital, it's about a 30 minute drive. Reece is shaking I can tell he's really worried, "Reece it's okay" i try to reassure him. We get to the hospital and the front desk asks how we are here to see. "We're here to see Marjorie *****" I reply. "Okay she's just waking up so you're good to go, room 7" the office lady says as we walk to Marjorie's room. We take a peek in the room before going in, I notice Reece starting to tear up. "This is all my fault, it's worse than I thought" Reece says, "it's not ur fault it's no one's fault, okay? Let's go in" I say back to him, he nods his head, we walk in. "Hey Marjorie" I say, her shooting her head up looking at us both.

Note - sorry guys cliffhanger 😔