Chapter 1

Hot shot is five years old. He lives with his father Heatwave, mother Quickshadow and Dalmatian puppy Fireplug. They all live in Houston Texas. They all live a very normal and happy life there.

Heatwave is a firefighter. He is very brave and strong. He has helped save many lives. He has the respect of his fellow firefighters. He has the respect of other first responders. He has the respect of his boss too. Heatwave taught Hot shot at a very early age how to dial 911 and about fire safety. Hot shot was very clever and understood. Heatwave was glad his son was so clever. Heatwave is a very loving, caring, understanding and loyal husband and father. He loves his wife Quickshadow and his son Hot shot very much.

Quickshadow is a pediatric cardiologist. She works at Texas Children's Hospital. She has helped many children with their hearts. Helped them to understand their condition, how to care for their heart, and that even with a heart condition they are still amazing kids. She knows that heart problems in children are common just like they are in adults. She is a very loving, caring, understanding and devoted wife and mother. She loves her husband Heatwave and her son Hot shot with all of her heart.

Hot shot is a very active and playful child. He loves to run, jump, climb and play. He is a child who loves to be on the move. Hot shot also loves sports. His favorite sport is baseball. He loves the color yellow, he loves rhinos, he loves Pokemon, he loves dogs, he loves fish and chips, he loves peanut butter cookies, he loves cookie dough ice cream and he loves to be a big help. Hot shot likes to go places like the playground. He loves to run, jump, climb and play there. He loves to ride his bike, he loves to play catch and he loves to have fun. Hot shot is kid who is full of dreams and wants to reach for them. Hot shot is very kind, honest, loving, and generous little boy with a great big heart.

Hot shot and Fireplug are both very close. Hot shot helps take care of Fireplug. Hot shot loves to play with Fireplug. The two of them are inseparable. Fireplug would often sleep in Hot shot's room.

Hot shot had a playset he loved to play on. It looked like a fire station with a fire truck. It was built for him as a fifth birthday present by Boulder a friend of his father. Hot shot loved to play on it. It was a lot of fun. He enjoyed the swings, the slide and the climbing bars. Hot shot was a kid who loved things like that.

Quickshadow was happy her son was so active and loved to exercise. Because she knew a strong and active body meant the heart was strong and healthy. Hot shot could run forever in a day and not get tired. Hot shot was never out of breath. Hot shot was also very strong he could easily carry Fireplug. He could also lift big bags of groceries into the house when they come home from shopping. He had a good appetite he was able to eat whatever was put in front him and have room for dessert. Hot shot was a healthy child and was very happy.

Hot shot is a very healthy child who almost never got hurt or sick. Hot shot sometimes got tummy aches and colds or fevers. But, Hot shot tended to get over those things quickly. He was a very strong and healthy little boy. Hot shot saw the doctor to make sure he was healthy. Hot shot would get his own fair share of bumps, cuts, scrapes, and bruises due to being so active. Hot shot was looking forward to playing sports when he got bigger and going to Kindergarten in the fall of next year. For Hot shot things were looking great.

However things began to change. It was July when Hot shot started to feel bad. Hot shot began to noticed he was very tired and didn't have the energy to play like he used too. He just wanted to rest a lot more. It seemed even the basic things tired him out.

Hot shot felt pretty weak too. Hot shot just didn't have the strength to do much of anything. He didn't understand what was going on. Hot shot could hardly lift most things anymore and couldn't understand what was going on.