Chapter 5 🌹

In the evening

As Daksh jogged inside the mansion somewhat tired of the continuous meetings, making him even skip lunch; he saw his parents discussing something important.

Since the family would always sit near the fireplace for either a serious discussion or Dainik would have tortured them with his demand to stay alone with his friends.

Dainik wanted to stay away from the family and learn to live independently as many of his friends had opted to after their graduation.

But Daksh didn't want him to leave Dharani who loved her youngest more than him.

"...dad?...mom?...everything okay?..." as a tensed Daksh sat on the lone chair, Dharani glanced over Shekar who signalled for the crucial decision that they had made for him.

"...Daksh?...before we start...we want you to know that whatever we have decided would always be for your better future..." as Dharani conveyed her concern, Daksh nodded on getting tensed more.

"...Son!...you are our pride...and we have always wanted the best for you...so, when we look for a partner who would spend her entire life with a humble and caring person like you...she is only blessed..." Shekar supported his wife's words to which Daksh chuckled and held his parent's hands in his care.

"...dad!...Mom!!...I have full confidence in both of you...*scoff*...Mom...I know I can be difficult at times...but that's how I am...and regarding whatever decision you would take?...I know that it entails...my likes and dislikes too...coz I am eventually a part of you...so, what I think and what I want...is similar to what my lovely parents would want too..." listening to their smart kid's statement, made the parents finally relaxed that they had made the right decision.

"...I was hoping you would say that...so, does it mean that you agree to this...proposal...?" as Shekar asked his son, Daksh smiled remembering his trial for her and saw the glisten in his father's eyes.

As he watched his mother's worried wrinkles forming on her forehead, he realised that he would have to forget his one-sided love and keep his promise of being the support and strength to his aging parents.

He looked down smiling with a slight nod, making Dharan hug him with a peck on his forehead.

"...you will not regret!!...she is perfect!...she fits perfectly with your list of a perfect partner for you!...her personality matches to you like it was made from heaven!!...my son!!...you will happy with her!!...I can assure you!!...but...son?!!"