𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐨

"𝐃𝐎𝐍𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐊 𝐈'𝐕 𝐒𝐄𝐄𝐍 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐁𝐄𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐄!" 𝐀 𝐕𝐎𝐈𝐂𝐄 𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐄𝐃 𝐎𝐔𝐓

I turned my head to where the voice came from. A man wearing blue with a broad smile was sitting from above looking down at me.

"Yo!" The man called out as he waved.

"How can you tell it's my first time here?" I asked skeptically.

"It's getting easier since this is my thirty-fifth attempt." The man explained.

He then jumps down and swiftly but carefully lands on the ground without a single bruise or scratch on him. I could only look back at him in utter disbelief.

"You're telling me that you tried thirty five times?" I questioned.

"I guess you could say I'm a Hunter Exam veteran." The man chuckled.

Hunter Exam? Is that where I am right now? How utterly clueless am I? I can't imagine trying to do something at least thirty five times, I don't understand why he thinks that's something to brag about.

"I'm sorry, but I don't see why that's something to brag about." I replied bluntly.

The man slightly flinched, probably surprised from my bluntness. But he just shook his head and smiled beamly at me and ignored my comment, except I could tell it wasn't genuine since he was gritting his teeth in the process and it looked like he was going to pop a vein.

"Anyway, if you have any more questions, I'd be happy to help." The man said.

"Why thank you-"

"Oh, by the way, the names Tonpa." Tonpa interrupted.

Well Tonpa, it's quite clear to me that your mother never taught you manners or even an ounce of respect. I just ignored the fact that he interrupted me to not cause a scene.

"I'm y/n, y/n Liddell." I said as I shook his hand.

"Are there any others?" I asked.

"Huh, what do you mean?" Tonpa asked.

"I mean, are there any others that also attempted as much as you did?" I explained.

"I might hold the record, but yeah, there are others." Tonpa replied.

Tonpa then began to point out some contestants, he told me some of their names and badge numbers. Tonpa continues to talk to me when suddenly I perk up after hearing a blood curdling scream across from me. To my horror, a man was on his knees screaming as his arms faded into a swarm of red flower petals.

Then a man wearing a jester-like costume spoke up.

"My, how unusual. Seems this poor man's arms have turned into flower petals." The jester trailed off.