Date the Fraud

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

"Hey, Chase," I say walking up to him during lunch. He was sitting alone and I can only assume that Bree, Adam, and Leo are busy. I sit beside him and put my tray down. "Where are the others?" 

"They're.... busy. What about you? Where's Marcus? Aren't you too attached at the hip?" He jokes. 

"No, he's.. also busy.' I say mimicking his statement from earlier. "What? Can't we hang out just the two of us?" 

"Of course!" He says loudly. "I mean- yeah, sure. That's cool"  

"Great." I smile. "Speaking of hanging out, I am really behind on homework. I know you're smart. Can you help me?" 

"Well, I am very smart." He smirks. "Sure, when are you free?"

"How about today after school?" I ask. 

"That's good. Why don't you come over to our house later and we can have a study date?" 

"Date?" I ask. How forward of him.

"Like- Hangout- Not a date. I mean-" He stutters embarrassed. 

"No, it's okay. I'd love to go on a study date with you." I wink at him, and the bell rings, stopping us from saying anything else.

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

"Hey," I say once Chase opens the door. "You ready to study?" 

"Yeah," He says leading me to the couch. We both sit down on the couch side by side. "What do you need help with?"

"I'm horrible at history," I say pulling my homework out of my backpack. While things like math and science are universal, U.S. History is solely taught in the U.S. and not on my home planet. 

"That's great." He smiles before frowning. "I mean, not great. That's terrible." 

"Are you good at history?" 

"I'm amazing at every subject." He smirks. "So what do you struggle with?" 

I show him my homework and he starts correcting and explaining things to me. He isn't the best teacher but I still learned something. I scoot closer to him every few minutes and I could tell he was getting a bit flustered by it. After a while, we were so close that I could hear his heart beating. 

"I think we should take a break." He mumbles after a while, a prominent red on his face. He got up and headed straight for the kitchen. That's when Leo walks in. 

"Hey! What are you doing here?!" Leo shouts at me. 

"I'm here to study with Chase." I smile innocently. 

"Oh, I see." Leo narrows his eyes suspiciously. "Your abusing his lack of girl experience to try and get with him. I caught you, you sea siren." 

"Leo!" Chase shouts. 

"Checkmate Vivian. Or should I say Vill-.....Ian?" He points accusingly. 

"Leo, get out!" Chase ushers him out. 

"I'm watching you," Leo says pointing to his eyes and then to me and he leaves.

"Sorry about him," Chase says awkwardly sitting down beside me again. 

"It's okay. He is right about one thing though." I smirk and he looks at me confused. "I am interested in you Chase." 

"Oh." He simply says. "Really?" 

"Yeah," I smile. "You are cute, smart, and kind. I like that." 

"I just- wow." He stutters. "You are rather forward. " 

"That's how you get what you want. I don't beat around the bush, Chase." I smirk. 

"I mean, you could a little bit." He laughs awkwardly. "But, if we're being honest, I am interested in you, too." 

"So, what do you want to do?" I scoot closer to him. 

"We could date?" He asks more than states. 

"Is that a question or a statement?" I giggle and he goes down on his knees. 

"Vivian, will you be my girlfriend?" He smiles.

"Yes." I giggle and wrap my arms around him. 

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

We went back to studying, although more closely than before until he went to the restroom for a bit. I was waiting in the living room when Leo came in. 

"Oh, you are still here?" Leo groans. "Look, he's not gonna date you, he has standards." 

"Really? Then why did he ask me to be his girlfriend?" I smirk and get close to his face. "Face it, Leo, you have no idea what's going on and you want to keep it that way. Trust me, this is for the best."  

"The best? Marcus shot lasers at me." Leo shouts.

"He wasn't trying to kill you... I think." I reason. "We are doing this for good. Someday you'll thank us."

"I think your the one who doesn't know what's going on."  Leo scoffs. 

"Whatever." I scoff and sit back down where I was before Chase came back in. 

"Leo, stop bugging Vivian." Chase scoffs. 

"Whatever," Leo says mocking what I said earlier, and leaves. 

"I should go. Marcus and his dad are waiting for me."  I smile at Chase and start to pack up. 

"Really? 'Cause if it's about Leo I-" 

"It's okay, I just need to get home. They'll die without me." I giggle and wave before heading out the door.

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

"Hey, Marcus." I say heading back into the 'lair'. 

"Where have you been young lady?" Marcus jokes and hugs me. 

"I told you about the thing with Chase, didn't I?" I scoff and smile at him. 

"Yes you did but it ran a bit later than expected." He smiles. "So what happened." 

"Well, Chase and I are dating now and Leo is annoying." 

"Leo being annoying isn't abnormal." Marcus rolls his eyes. "But you really got him to date you?" 

"Yes, I was very forward about it," I smirk. "He's very cute for a murderous machine." 

"Are you getting attached?" Marcus jokes. 

"Of course not." I scoff. 

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────