Vinvas-Cinve War - Battle of Battery 42

After taking bordertowns and multiple other positions, the Cinvians began their march on the long coastline of Vinvas. Vinvasian defensive positioned at Battery 42, one of the larger coastal batteries. The VFN Strikefin Battlecruiser. The largest in the Vinvasian Federal Navy, with two 380mm guns. 31 secondary dual-purpose cannons on both sides, and a top speed of 38 knots. A letter recovered next to a unidentified Vinvasian officrers corpse wrote,

"Our forces decided to set up at Battery 42. My detachment dug up some fortifications outside the battery itself. A beast of a weapon, if i do say so myself. After around two hours we spotted the VFN Strikefin coming our way. I never saw a naval vessel like it. Only shipping' I've ever done was fishing back in Nunestown Harbor. Anyways ill update this note after the battle concludes, Maria, when im back, make my favorite for dinner, please."

When Cinve forces arrived, fierce fire fighting broke out. The VFN Strikefin lost communications with ground forces halfway through the battle, and began bombarding where ever they saw the most fighting. This resulted in hundreds of friendly fire deaths. The Cinvian's had begun using a technology that hadn't been used in combat before; Armored Vehicles. The early war armored car was nothing more then a civilian car with a rotating turret at the top mounted with machine guns. With a max speed of 52 mph and a full 360 rotation on the turret, it was a beast on the new battlefield. Of course the Cinve F-32 Páncélozott Autó inspired many other designs, for example the Vinvasian D3. Or the later invention of the Koile Panzer C1.

With the new armored cars, Cinvian tactics became less refined in the battle

With the new armored cars, Cinvian tactics became less refined in the battle. The officers used as quoted by a Cinvian veteran, "Charge straight into the pillboxes, try not to get shot." What made this a challenge is that both sides also used automatic weapons for the first time in real combat. The Cinvian's had the M1 Véman. Which was hard to aim, but easily reloaded and portable submachine gun. While he Vinvasian's had the Sehow-2. Both were easy to jam or overheat, as well as taking long reloading practice. Some reports also said that the Sehow-2 had a small chance to explode in the users hand if the ammo was inserted even slightly off center.

The battle lasted 8 hours, the casualties were expected to be at least 2300 but ended up as 1271. Battery 42's main gun, a large 430 mm cannon, had the ammo hold under it blown by artillery, causing a explosion that killed most of the men attacking and defending it. The VFN Strikefi had also been destroyed, a artillery barrage making quick work of the ship just 30 minutes before the battles end. The spotting tower ontop of the hill facing the coast was collapsed by bombardment by the Strikefin.

The Vinvasian Prime Minister, Vladimir Vukašin stated in a speech 12 hours after the battle, "Northern Vinvasian has fallen to occupiers. They will continue to oppress and kill our people if nothing is done. We must remain on the defensive, and strike when the time is ripe. 12 hours ago, the Battle of Battery 42 ended in a Cinvian victory. We will achieve and take nothing more than a Vinvasian victory. We will fight against tyranny, we will defend our homes. Vinvas calls, it calls for women in military uniforms, it calls for the elderly and children to work in factories. We will achieve victory; no matter the cost. We will fight them in the forests, we will fight in the cities, we will fight in the coast, we will fight in the sea, and with our very first and newest Zeppelin - we will even fight them in the air. We will scorch what we cannot salvage. We will not yield! Until the last person, for Vinvas, for sovereignty!"