Chapter Fifteen- Her eyes

"D*mnit, Chris." I spoke to the phone, annoyed that he had only left me on read.

I sighed. What is Christopher doing that is more important than this? More importantly, Ellie's wellbeing?

I'm one to talk, I guess.

But the only mouthpiece, my only form of communication that I currently have with Ellie, is out there somewhere, doing God knows what.

I felt my phone vibrate in my jean pocket, and thinking that it was Christopher who had messaged me back, I eagerly pulled it out. The phone almost fell out of my hands, but I had caught it. Only to find that it was a notification from another news site. And it was all about Ellie.

I chucked my phone on my bed. I sighed, already knowing what that news article was about. Every single article, every single notification I'd gotten led to her. It was about her.

I'm not a fan of gossip. I never have been. I find it pointless, and the irony of it all, I've been featured way too many times in those gossip blogs. But, despite my better judgment, I read every single article that they had released about her. I stopped once the information became repetitive.

But the public didn't. Every single little detail that was released about her was immediately spread to other platforms.

I'm not gonna lie, I was tempted at first to read up on the articles that had spoken about her. It was a desperate attempt to catch up with her. With her life. To know what she's doing and what she's done. It's not that she'd tell me herself, not after this.

It's pathetic, I know.

But once they started spewing some sh*t about her past, stuff that I knew didn't happen. I nearly lost my cool and wanted to debunk every single lie about her on every single gossip website.

Obviously, my PR team judged against it, and they said that I should probably keep a low profile. Keep my distance from her, and everything will simmer down.

"Everything would go back to normal." They encouraged in my memories, and I could only scoff at them.

I'd like to believe that everything could go back to normal, but nothing was ever the same since Ellie and I stopped being friends.

And it wasn't because of something that she did. She was perfect. Always has been. Always will be. It's because of me. I f*cked up. Badly.

I sighed out loud, and my hands trailed down my face in exhaustion. I was beyond exhausted, I had just finished doing my rounds after a 24-hour shift.

It was during that time in which I had found out about the whole drama surrounding Ellie.

I plopped myself down on the couch, my eyes begging for closure. But I couldn't sleep, not right now. Not without knowing how Ellie was. How was she handling this situation.

I stood up and walked into my room and grabbed my phone. This time, I had hoped that Chris would pick up or, at the very least, respond to my text.

I checked my phone, annoyed at the fact that Chris still hadn't responded to my text.

I tried calling him three times, and each time, he hadn't bothered to respond.

I scoffed. Figures, this is just like him.

Across from my bed sat the lame pizza guy costume that I had bought at an old Halloween costume shop.

Flashback

"What the h*ll is this, Chris?" I asked him, practically shoving the phone into his face. Christopher took his glasses off. He glanced down at my phone and back at me. He looked inattentive. Like he's seen this time and time again.