𝖢𝖧𝖠𝖯𝖳. 𝟣𝟨

𝗜𝗥𝗜𝗦

                  Tears ran down my cheeks as I cried in the coffee shop restroom, balling my eyes out over the sink. Tanya was still out there feeling bad that she told me about MY son being with her and David for years. This nigga literally knew where my son was, taking care of him, hiding him from me, leading me on a mission thinking my son was in a foster care or foster family, and — I open up to him. I felt so open to him but he did this to me.

"I wanna go home now"I whispered wiping my eyes. I look at myself in the mirror sniffing trying not to cry again. But I can't stop thinking about it. "Fuck home, I wanna see him"I blew my nose; fixing myself up ready to go back out there. I made my way back to the table with my head down not evening seeing him there.

"Iris"I heard David calling my name. Still my head was down looking at the wooden table. "Im sorry I didn't tell you about Dion being with us this entire time. I was just scared that you might take him away from us"

"I just wanted to see him, that's all"I sniffle. "Fuck letting him see my mother since she's the one who didn't want him but at least let me see him"I cried out. David looked at Tanya as she sigh heavily shaking her head. Is that a no? I couldn't think straight. How they don't want me to see my own son?! The one I birthed! "You serious?"

"Iris, we're sorry"Tanya started to say but i cut her off.

"Fuck you bitch, cause I thought you were going to help me see my son"I fumed.

"You didn't even want him when he was born! But now you want to see him! You don't have no say so anymore here!"tanya barked at me. "If you would of kept your son, we wouldn't be in this predicament right now"—"Dion is safe here and he doesn't need to know who his real mother is"

I gradually removed myself from the coffee shop before I drag this bitch across the table. Fuck the baby. Probably not even David's. This is how hoes are. They wanna be your friend and help out but in reality they just jealous of you. Not saying she was jealous of me but I can tell she's mad that David brought me down here to see my son. He came out of me, not her.

𝗗𝗔𝗩𝗜𝗗

         "Why"I sigh heavily shaking my head at Tanya. I didn't want it to end like this. I did want Iris to see Dion but Tanya ruined it.

"What you mean why?! She probably wanted to take Dion with her back to Atlanta!" Tanya chanted. "I don't want Dion around her"

"That's his biological mother Tanya! You can't keep him away from her because of something that happened years ago when we were young!"I hissed.

"You know what. I don't care anymore"Tanya stood up slowly grabbing her things. "Take him to Atlanta to see his dying ass grandma. Do what you like"Tanya walked out the coffee shop leaving me all alone, people staring at me. All I could do is think. Think about what I done. What it came to. Should have just done right by Iris.

|𝖣𝖠𝖵𝖨𝖣𝖲 𝖯𝖤𝖭𝖳𝖧𝖮𝖴𝖲𝖤|

"Daddy!"

I watch as Dion ran to me with his pajamas still on. I kissed his forehead looking down at him. He did had Iris features. Sometimes her attitude.

"What you been up to?"I asked him walking to the living room with him right behind me.

"Playing games with MiMi"Dion answered referring to my mom who was on her phone.

"Oh okay. Go to the room so I can talk to Mimi real quick"I sat down on the couch next to my mom. Dion nodded his head running to the room. "Tanya called you, did she?"

"She told me everything David. Why is she down here for Dion if she didn't want him?"my mother grunted.

"She did want him. It was her mother who didn't want him"I began. "She here because she wanted to see Dion and let him know who his dying grandmother is"—"so ima take him to Atlanta and surprise Iris"

"Well did you tell Tanya?"my mother ask.

"She knows and she don't have no say so anymore"

My mom looked at me with a small smile on her face. I know she happy that me and Tanya is probably no more. The baby. It'll be alright.