Chapter 7

Trishka POV

Atharva: My life took a 360 degrees once you left to USA. The group of people I used to hang out with, they became very close to me. My parents were busier with a few cases and these people became like my family. I went to the club with them and in pure peer pressure, fearing taunts, I got drunk. 

Me: You got drunk ? 

He nodded and I saw that he was really regretful about the whole thing 

Atharva: I saw that some of them were taking drugs but I did not know what to do about that, they forced me to try that too, but I acted like I got an important call from my parents and left that place. Because of the few drinks I had, I trashed my car into a pavement. 

Me: Oh my god, did anybody get hurt ?

Atharva: Thank fully no one was hurt but I had fractures, I was rushed to hospital. Because of drinking, driving and damage to government property I had to be either put behind or pay compensation. My dad refused and asked them to take me in.

Me: You were in jail ? 

Atharva: Yes, for a few hours for drinking and driving. My dad was already angry at my dropping grades and now he was pissed. He refused to provide bail and asked me to think over my actions. 

Me: Seriously ?

Atharva: Yes, I called my friends, thinking they will save me, but the people who did not come to check on me in hospital, why would they save me? Rather, they acted like they were not my friends. That was my lesson and I suffered with regret, guilt and anger on myself. Your dad came on the 3rd day and gave me bail. 

Me: When you went home, what did your parents say ?

Atharva: They were too angry and sad over my actions. My dad and your's argued and my dad said he had no hopes for me but your dad in front of my parents asked me to prove them wrong and clean up my act. I agreed. I regave some exams, studied well and then also got myself into tutions for accounting classes.

Me: You went to tutions ?

Atharva: Yeah, I met a few very hard working and kind people who helped me study. I invited them home and we used to study day and night from then to clean up my act as well as prove myself to parents.

Me: It must have been tough right ?

Atharva: Yes, anyways, they were good with tutions but they dint have place as they lived in hostels. I spread the word and they conducted tutions as well as started doing taxes for people who just started earning. I saw them being good at it while I helped with gathering people as they were introverts. Then right before we graduated I thought we should continue advising and formed a small firm. 

Me: Oh

Atharva: Yes, that day dad was proud, he even helped us with clients while I learned web designing and got us an improved website. Once the clients increased we shifted to a coworking place. I do the marketing and gathering the clients, while they do the advising. They always say I started the whole idea by giving them the space, investing money by selling my gaming stuff and cars gifted to me. Later my dad invested and we gave him shares. Now the firm grew, we now outsource to a lot of firms.

Me: That is a very interesting story. I love it, so inspiring. 

Atharva: Thank you, you were right all along 

Me: About what ?

Atharva: Those people ..

I remembered my warnings to him before I left and it took me back to my last few days in India

Atharva: I am sorry ...

Me: You learned your lesson and you acknowledge your mistakes, that is important. My dad bailed you out, is that why you wanted to marry me and help him ?

Atharva: Yeah ..

Me: Okay, btw mom said that I would be going to my parents place for ritual

Atharva: Okay, I will drop you 

Me: Thats not necessary, I will call a cab

Atharva: Rubbish, let me drive you there. 

Me: Okay, so when is Agastya coming ?

Atharva: My little brother is busy being a lawyer. May be after his exams

I laughed and he raised his eyebrows

Me: You know, when your mom was consoling me, she said Agastya is still a baby so their quota of dealing with babies is full right now ...

Atharva: He is a baby actually .. He is actually sulking he could not be there for our wedding. He said he really loves you but I got married to you .. He was saying I broke his heart by stealing you away. For him, you are his first love ...

I giggled and he smiled too

Atharva: When you are ready, let me know. I have a few work calls 

Me: Okay 

Once we got done with breakfast, he helped me take back our plates downstairs. He went to the study to take his work calls while I got ready to go home. I will be meeting my parents, I am so damn excited.

Now that I am married, they will be much more at peace. Dad knowing that, Atharva was in trouble trusted him so much to get me married to him. Its so intriguing and suprising.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello All,

Here is the new chapter

Hope you like this, please vote and comment

Regards,

Indu