Chapter 38

Trishka POV

We were seated at the hospital. Yes we were in the doctor's office. The same doctor who has given the reports that I was infertile. 

The doctor looked at the old reports and she looked like she has eaten a frog. She wiped her brow with the tissue in front of her.

Me: Dr. Suganthi you have signed a report saying that I would never be fertile enough to have a baby which caused a lot of changes in my life. Care to explain on how even after this report and without taking any treatment I am pregnant.

I threw the pregnancy confirmation reports and she massaged her head. 

Dr. Suganthi: I never planned to do it but I knew them from before and they requested me to make a false report 

Me: Who ?

Dr. Suganthi: My friend, the mother of the groom you were supposed to marry. She said you were wrong for her son and or we both always wanted my daughter to be the bride of her son. So, we did this.

Me: As a doctor, you should be ashamed of yourself. 

Dr. Suganthi: Why are you talking as if your life is ruined. You got married and that now considering the pregnancy you both are happy ?

Me: It was all a miracle. You guys played a dirty game and yet got has blessed me with luck where I got a guy like him who got married to me knowing he might never have kids while the society made me a laughing stock. 

Him and his family made me realize that being a mom is not the only purpose of a women while I was cursing and looking down on myself. In a way, thank you for all the plotting. It helped me get rid of the guy who was not suited for me.

We both walked out and sat down in a car 

Atharva: Are you okay Ishu ?

He keeps inventing new pet names for me. Now, my name Trishka is called as Ishu.

Me: I spent weeks crying I would never be able to be a mother and now when I accepted my fate I find out that I am pregnant.

Atharva: How do you feel about that ?

Me: Can we go home ? I feel weak.

He nodded and we reached home in 30 minutes. I felt nauseous and emptied my guts in the commode.   I brushed my teeth and washed my face, the cool water calming me. I changed my dress and wore a comfy cotton saree. As it was a readymade it was easy to wear & my husband likes me in this look, so I wear them often now.

I went to brush my hair when I kept down the comb and observed myself. Slowly, I put my hand on my lower belly and remembered all the dreams I had when I was an early adult. I have a tiny life inside of me.

I took a deep breathe and moved my hand affectionately on my tummy. Tears made their way out of my eyes when I felt a comforting hand on my shoulder. I looked up in the mirror and saw the concerned soft eyes of my Atharva.

I took his hand from my shoulder and placed it on my belly from around me. He came close and put his other free hand on my shoulder, kissing the back of my head.

Me: I have a baby inside of me Atharva 

He smiled and turned me towards him

Atharva: How do you feel about this Ishu?

Me: I ....

Atharva: What ?

Me: When I saw those reports it took me a lot of strength, clarity and the understanding from my family to get in peace with the fact that I would never be able to have children. I hardened myself and stopped looking at the cute kids when I spot them on roads.

He held my hand to encourage me to speak up

Me: There were times when we are snuggling and we talk about stuff. There are seconds where I used to fantasize about how our kids might have your eyes or how cute they would look because we are a good looking couple. But, I chided myself and worked so hard to not get carried away all this time and now we are pregnant.

I took his hand and placed it on my belly again

Me: We are pregnant Atharva after all the tears and locking myself away from that dream now we are having a baby. I am pregnant Atharva.

I started crying and he hugged me trying his best to sooth me. I wanted to stop the wailing but I could not so he picked me in his arms, carried me to the bed and laid me down. He slept beside me and hugged me close kissing my forehead.

Atharva: You are crying and I am not able to understand if you are happy with this news or not. I feel sad that you are overwhelmed with the reality after struggling so hard with the news. I wish I could help ..

Me: We are going to be parents Atharva, the impossible has happened. All this while I stopped planning, dreaming and pulling myself away from the adorable baby clothes, that sweet baby smell, those cutest giggles. Now, I find out that I was never barren. Who gave them a right to play with somebody like that and blame them in front of everybody ? Its so mean right ?

Atharva: Yeah, you want me to go beat up those people ?

I giggled at his words and the way he said it

Me: While I am pissed at the fact that I had to go through all that emotional struggle I am so glad that little lie got you close to me. Its just a lot to process Atharva, that is it. In fact, I am very happy to find out that we would be parents are you ?

Atharva: I am I what ?

Me: Are you happy ?

Atharva: Honey, I have been in love with you since I was 21. With all the fantasies I had with you one of it was that I would have a little baby girl, with your brown eyes, dimples and your sweet heart. But, then I found out the news. While you were mourning about the fact I was crying inside that I would not be able to be a dad to our kids. 

Me: You mourned too ?

Atharva: Yeah, but now I get this news. First, I thought it was a mistake, then I thought it was a miracle, then we found out the truth. While I know how overwhelmed you must be I think I am also relieved to find out I can still have a mini you at my home.

Me: So you are happy like me ?

Atharva: Yes my baby's mother 

He pulled my cheek and kissed my forehead.

Me: I am so tired though with all the burst of emotions.

Atharva: I get it, sleep. We need to tell our family too.

Me: Yeah, they would be so happy.

Atharva: Yes, ofcourse

Me: I love you

Atharva: I love you three

 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Readers,

Here is the new update

Please vote and comment

Regards,

Indu